Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get 50m for them both and give it to Rafa. Last thing we need is this going on until the end of August.

Actually I'd love to keep the for all of August and sell them on deadline if it's a must. Both could probably secure us a win for the first five games which would leave us in a very good position.

Get 50m for them both and give it to Rafa. Last thing we need is this going on until the end of August.

If we do get that sort of money I wonder who in the fuck he's going to spend it on. I'm not fully confident that Rafa could convince players worth replacing them to drop a level. They obviously have their issues but would all but guarantee promotion if they were to stay. 

If we do get that sort of money I wonder who in the fuck he's going to spend it on. I'm not fully confident that Rafa could convince players worth replacing them to drop a level. They obviously have their issues but would all but guarantee promotion if they were to stay.

No way should we use all of the £50m now if they both get sold. Buy a couple of decent players now, a couple of decent players in January and keep the rest for next season.

It's been said before, but we need depth and experience. You can't turn your nose up at the club when that's exactly what they are pursuing. If Hanley comes and plays every game at the expense of Mbemba or Lascelles it's because Rafa thinks he can do the job better and fine by me.

Problem areas are being addressed. You can't be of the mindset that we shouldn't sign someone to protect the position of someone else. We need competition and the best players should play. I'd love to see Aarons be a big deal this year but I still want another winger who is just as good, if not better. Can't have too many good players.

I wouldnt worry yourself about the knackers on this forum. We had posters saying we shouldn't get rid of Titus Bramble u til we lined up a replacement.

Just hope this Hanley talk doesn't mean Mbemba ends up leaving before the window closes. Would be crazy to sell him.

see what ashley and his mob have reduced us fans to?

every time we're linked to someone, we automatically think that it means cashing in on someone else. this time, though, i think rafa has it sorted and we are genuinely squad-building.

Was talking to my Step Dad's, Step Dad (Who is a Leeds fan) over Christmas, he said he was gutted they sold Lees. Sounds like a handy player.

Just realised how ridiculous that sounds, should have just said my Grandad.

:lol:

Is it just me who's getting sick of all this talk about Sissoko and Wijnaldum? :lol: I just want it sorted out asap, one way or another. I know it is what it is and it will continue until they leave or the window closes, but still..

Benitez has allready sorted it out, he said that they are not for sale ;)

In reality they are all for sale for the right price, the media will keep linking them away and their agents will try to earn some money.

It's been said before, but we need depth and experience. You can't turn your nose up at the club when that's exactly what they are pursuing. If Hanley comes and plays every game at the expense of Mbemba or Lascelles it's because Rafa thinks he can do the job better and fine by me.

Problem areas are being addressed. You can't be of the mindset that we shouldn't sign someone to protect the position of someone else. We need competition and the best players should play. I'd love to see Aarons be a big deal this year but I still want another winger who is just as good, if not better. Can't have too many good players.

Agree with your post.  But is anyone actually saying or implying this, though?

I see most saying they like Lascelles, but as is common on here, they trust in Rafa's judgement.

As usual the clubs interested in Sissoko and wijnaldum will wait until transfer deadline day thinking we will cave in and accept much lower offers for them.  Most will think we will be desparate to get them off the wage bill.  Be really great to see us  refuse all offers and keep both of them.