Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They're deliberately trying to relegate us, right? There's no other conceivable explanation.

Assuming it's not spitefulness as always seems to be shot down, all I could suggest is that he's accepted he won't get what he wants in a sale and is therefore gambling that Rafa's connection with the fans keeps him here and his managerial ability keeps us up. We're just about coping so far, it's not like we're cut adrift at the bottom of the league. So it probably seems like a decent bet.

He then takes the unspent transfer and TV money to top up whatever he gets from the sale, cuts and runs.

They're deliberately trying to relegate us, right? There's no other conceivable explanation.

Assuming it's not spitefulness as always seems to be shot down, all I could suggest is that he's accepted he won't get what he wants in a sale and is therefore gambling that Rafa's connection with the fans keeps him here and his managerial ability keeps us up. We're just about coping so far, it's not like we're cut adrift at the bottom of the league. So it probably seems like a decent bet.

He then takes the unspent transfer and TV money to top up whatever he gets from the sale, cuts and runs.

My thoughts exactly

Unfortunately this looks like the best explanation.

He's probably been advised SD sales increase when we yoyo between the PL and championship, so decided to give it another whirl. Bad publicity is good publicity etc.

Still reckon we'll be sold, then?

He probably thinks if we get relegated it'll  be like the previous two. I think he'll be in for a shock should we go down again.

Fwiw if he doesn't sell up even if we stay up be prepared for a huge drop in attendances.

My thoughts exactly

Yip.

I just think he likes to think he always knows best. It probably infuriated him that Rafa and Stavekey were trying to tell him how to run Newcastle United. He'd probably rather go down than be told he's clueless.

If we stay up and keep Rafa, yeah I think there's a very good chance. Problem is inactivity this month has massively decreased the chances of both. And independently of one another.

It clearly is spitefulness though, he fucking hates us and nearly everything he's done at the club has been a spiteful act (Shearer's bar renamed, Sport Direct Arena, the signs by the clubs name and previously on the roof of the Gallowgate, stealing the land behind the Gallowgate, stealing our merchandising profits etc...).

If we stay up and keep Rafa, yeah I think there's a very good chance. Problem is inactivity this month has massively decreased the chances of both. And independently of one another.

Was talked about in the totally football show today. Also, where's the takeover thread gone?

Was talked about in the totally football show today. Also, where's the takeover thread gone?

Mike Ashley thread.

Mitigating his losses.Why waste £20m on a striker? Gamble to stay up because he knows we have a manager capable.

Stay up = sell the club at a high price with the new TV deal announced £££

Go down = come back up like we always do, add a few quid to the ‘loan’ and request a higher sum when selling us as a PL club again.

I can see the logic in this, but If he has shat on Rafa (As seems the case again) his gamble is high risk, not least as it is dependent on notoriously fickle relegation scrap results / performances against clubs with better squads & a (potentially) considerably less toxic home support than he seems to be whipping up here. Probably worst of all though, we know he gets off on this kind of shit.

When's the next Fans Forum supposed to be scheduled?

[emoji38]

They’ll do nothing other than find out what colour the bogs will be painted in the summer. Worthless exercise that just acts as a fake line of communication.

A pre-planned Q&A session where any difficult questions get you a perma-ban from all future events. A few guys sat in a room full of elephants talking about paint colours and grass length. That's if they even acknowledge we have a fan base after the year we've had under these clowns.

It's nothing like that. There is no deeper plan. He just doesn't give a fuck.

Yeah I don't think he's doing it out of spite or anything, I think it's literally because he doesn't really give a fuck and thinks we can stay up regardless and is willing to gamble each season now.

It's the only conclusion that can be arrived at. The real question is why? It's driving me mad trying to work it out.

I can only guess that relegation hasn't had too much of a negative impact on SD share price. It's all the fat fuck cares about.