Fulham - Newcastle United - 5/8/16 @ 7.45 - Live on Sky

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

While a draw wouldn't be a disaster I can't believe the amount of people saying it would be acceptable. We have the best squad the best manager by a country mile in this league and we're playing shitty f***ing Fulham where probably 1/4 of their ground will be NUFC fans and even more likely the only people making some noise. With all the advantages in our favour (and I know this won't happen) I think we should be expecting to win almost every single individual game we play in this league.

While a draw wouldn't be a disaster I can't believe the amount of people saying it would be acceptable. We have the best squad the best manager by a country mile in this league and we're playing shitty f***ing Fulham where probably 1/4 of their ground will be NUFC fans and even more likely the only people making some noise. With all the advantages in our favour (and I know this won't happen) I think we should be expecting to win almost every single individual game we play in this league.

I think that is a very arrogant approach to take. Fulham should be a top 10 side are at home and it's the start of the season where neither team has found a rhythm.

To win this league, you should win the home games, win the away games except against the top 10 where a draw is acceptable, and do whatever we can to avoid losing (we will get away with 6 defeats)

The above equals 100 points. So it isn't a downplaying of expectations, but we as a fan group should be prepared for a bit of humility - we shouldn't expect to walk the league, but we should try to win every game and expect to win the league after a long hard season.

I sort of agree, I was winding up a Leeds fan at work claiming we're going to walk the league, but if we're cocky it's easy to get stuck in the quagmire. I do think though it's got to be a new mentality, we have to combat complacency sure but we also should expect to get promoted automatically, and to do that the players need to go to every game knowing they should win if they play their game.

I think that is a very arrogant approach to take. Fulham should be a top 10 side are at home and it's the start of the season where neither team has found a rhythm.

To win this league, you should win the home games, win the away games except against the top 10 where a draw is acceptable, and do whatever we can to avoid losing (we will get away with 6 defeats)

The above equals 100 points. So it isn't a downplaying of expectations, but we as a fan group should be prepared for a bit of humility - we shouldn't expect to walk the league, but we should try to win every game and expect to win the league after a long hard season.

Didn't they come 20th last season?

I don't think we can shy away from it any longer, the only question that matters at this point is what individually and as an online forum collectively, we are going to do if Rafa picks Colback to start against Fulham? This would of course mean that pretty much 99% of us on here, haven't got a clue about football and should automatically be banned from posting our thoughts about the beautiful game.

I think it's important that we begin to psychologically prepare ourselves for this eventuality and agree on what as a board our reaction will be. We allowed ourselves to believe that previous managers that picked this talentless oaf were just idiots which to be fair they were, but if Rafa does, what then?

So based on pre seasons I assume the definite starters for this are Sels, Lascelles, Ritchie, Gayle, Ayoze. Probably Janmaat right back, although Anita could be there if Aarons is preferred on the wing. Two of Shelvey, Hayden, Colback in centre mid. Mbemba or Hanley alongside Lascelles, probably Mbemba. Dummett probably left back but would like seeing Gamez there