Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Was in about 15 mins early trying to rack my brain as to what the display could be. Never expected that, absolutely class. 

Same here. Thought it must have ruined by the weather and then they came out with that badge. Awesome. 

These lads' are something else, magnificent displays that make me feel proud!

The amount of work the Lads must put in organising then setting up the displays are mind boggling, the deserve medals as big as dustbin lads!

Cheers Lads!

12 hours ago, Big River said:

I know it was a Boyle Sports PR thing with the players, but I’m still a bit :anguish: at the thought of Shola having his own flag.

I wouldn't read into it too much.

Have to remember too, Shola was here for a long time and played for us at a time when we were in the CL etc. May not have been the best, but played his part in some big games and moments, such as Shearers record breaking goal.

2 hours ago, Heron said:

I wouldn't read into it too much.

Have to remember too, Shola was here for a long time and played for us at a time when we were in the CL etc. May not have been the best, but played his part in some big games and moments, such as Shearers record breaking goal.

local lad with obvious limitations but lived every geordie kids dream.

nice man.

its just a bit fun, its not as though we're building a statue of him or naming a stand.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

nice man.

its just a bit fun, its not as though we're building a statue of him or naming a stand.

The 'Mike' chat did for me tbh.

I could buy in to the apple on the bike thing when he was just an innocent squad filler. Find it hard to have any time for the fella given how he went on about Ashley tbh.

Could/should have said nowt tbh and maintained his legacy as an one handed apple muncher and occasional Mackem Slayer.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

nice man.

Shit player who came out in support of Ashley.

Shola wasn’t the best player for us, but gave us some top memories/moments and is a top bloke, my wife knows his family and they are all lush people. He’s no legend, maybe more of an icon and probably infamous for being not so good more than anything else.

He’s been reported as our loan manager these days, but from what I’ve been told that’s changed, he’s more of a player liaison officer and by all accounts he’s loved at the club. He also does some coaching with the kids at NUFC.

I like the fact Wor Flags recognise former players even if they were not the greatest. He’s scored away at Barcelona, scored plenty against the mackems, helped us with his goals to achieve promotion and set up Shearer for his record breaking goal, and Cisse away to Chelsea for his goal of the season.

I don’t mind him me, he’s a good egg and I bet he was buzzing with his banner/flag thing and his family who came here and devoted themselves to our community and all things NUFC/Newcastle.

And he’s Nigerian, probably my fave race of people as I have many friends originally from there, the happiest and most positive people I’ve ever met and their food…

Edited by King HTT III