Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Heron, is there any room to have stuff being raised to the 'roof' ala black and white stripes like they sometimes do on Tifo displays? If it hasnt been discussed it may be worthy of a mention.  That and the old classic a4 sheets in a pattern on every seat to do something worthy...obviously not at the same time as the pully display.

Anyway, is the offer of help to be extended or can only 'gallowgaters' assist? Surely more people would help if they weren't restricted to which stand you sit in.

I was at both Man City games last week, and they had 'honesty' flags which staff handed out and collected back in plastic bins placed by exits. Wonder if they took the idea from our initiative (or Palace, perhaps)? Also, thought if they can get staff doing it, could NUFC not follow suit? Would be a nice touch, ease the burden on the supporters organising this and only involve buying/sourcing half a dozen wheelie bins.

We've tried to instill this in our latest attempts and actually we've reaped the benefits. Stewards and fellow fans (non "volunteers") have been rather helpful.

Matty, you will be pleased to know that several issues were raised with the club in the latest correspondence between one of our lads and NUFC, surfers, dedicated singing sections and alternative displays all being mentioned.

For what it's worth I think it's safety aspects that are holding us back. The members of the club who have been liaising with us seem keen to give us free reign.

What we need is to regroup and do a full stock take, repairing and replenishing before kicking on to alternative ideas and further large displays for potentially big games.

An idea of mine was to reuse some of the legends flags and have a 9 day, with fellow number 9s mentioned and raised and a card display of a Black 9 on a white background in the middle tier of gallowgate. (It'd be cheaper than the other way around). That way we can utilise our legends flags more too.

I have one or two other ideas I want too but some we cannot do for safety (like have loads of flares / smoke bombs [emoji38]) and others are out of our current financial reach. We're pushing for donations but it may be that I go off and make one of my own again.

I'm confident I could make a canny mint fuck off banner for around £100 for example. Might just do it myself when I have a bit of spare cash

I hope you are joking about the drum?!  That horrendous shite is for north west clubs, that can't fill their ground.  So the echo of the drum reverberates around the empty stands.  Wigan, Blackburn and I think Bolton used to always do it. 

Shall we see if we can get England's brass band, and all? :lol: 

• 4 weeks later...

Great night tonight at the fundraising quiz, looks like it got very close to the target. Me & Binnsy won the quiz, meet & greet the players on arrival, complimentary meal, watching the match from the Press Box, then getting to see the managers' Press Conferences after the game. :)

Great night tonight at the fundraising quiz, looks like it got very close to the target. Me & Binnsy won the quiz, meet & greet the players on arrival, complimentary meal, watching the match from the Press Box, then getting to see the managers' Press Conferences after the game. :)

Congrats mate!

I think we came 3rd and won the 95-96 round (tie-breaker!)!

Cracking night and Ritchie and Dummett were both spot on!

Mathew Raisbeck came across really well an arl!

Congrats mate!

I think we came 3rd and won the 95-96 round (tie-breaker!)!

Cracking night and Ritchie and Dummett were both spot on!

Mathew Raisbeck came across really well an arl!

yeah Matthew Raisbeck done a great job as quizmaster,  top night all round.

• 1 month later...

Gallowgate Flags

‏@gallowgateflags

Some really positive discussions with the club today - we're aiming to get our first surfer flag out for the middle of February

http://i.imgur.com/bieLHXz.png

horrible