Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

40 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Wait what? No it wasn’t ?! 

Yes it was , after kick off it went flat 

sporadic singing (followed by huge periods of nothingness) 

I was in the gallowgate and certain areas tried to give it a go but overall felt quite flat.

We are light years behind German / Polish teams when it comes to atmosphere during the match.

Strange as we have a team giving it everything, owners doing everything, Wor flags (tremendous) ….yet 3/4 of the crowd happy to sit in silence

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Best atmosphere 🤣flat as a fart majority 

Man City home was decent , that’s it for this season 

Arsenal home last season good as well 

Arsenal at home was probably best I’ve known SJP. 

Atmospheres will get poorer the better we become, ie more possession, expectations, crowds going into the ground for games expecting to win against certain sides. Its the price of success unfortunately. Man City and Villa have been our best home atmospheres this season imo.

But those games against Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal later on this season I expect to be unreal as long as they aren't the early kick off. Liverpool should be class, as should probably West Ham, given the 17:30 Saturday kick off time.

20 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I was in the gallowgate and certain areas tried to give it a go but overall felt quite flat.

We are light years behind German / Polish teams when it comes to atmosphere during the match.

Strange as we have a team giving it everything, owners doing everything, Wor flags (tremendous) ….yet 3/4 of the crowd happy to sit in silence

German atmospheres are the biggest myth going.

Basically in 95% of games you have your Ultra’s bouncing around and chanting the same songs at the same times, and the rest of the stadium just ‘spectates’. 

Man City by some distance the best atmosphere this season. Followed by Chelsea. Forest next. Leicester in the cup decent but like Villa not until the goals started. In a slight defence we’ve had a lot of low scoring games at home this season despite playing well.

I've been going fairly regularly since the 90s and every year I'm told that the atmosphere is getting worse.

I've realised it's actually certain fans doing the "back in my day", thing.

I'm sure there was a more atmospheric time, probably in the 80s but it was also more violent and more racist. You win some you lose some.

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

I was in the leases and atmosphere was very good, maybe not constant but generally a very good atmosphere. Compared to the palace and Bournemouth games it was a different levels. Probably more so second half for obvious reason. 

What Wor flags do is great but regardless its down to fans. I've been to every ground in prem and honestly think we have the most old and boring fanbase, alot of clubs stand for 90 mins, we should...

We have a great manager team and owners but you wouldnt think it. 

Look at the gallowgate, every fucker glued to seat.

First thing trust should address is safe standing but I find it embarrassing fans are pushing kit sponsors to the trust. God help us.

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

What Wor flags do is great but regardless its down to fans. I've been to every ground in prem and honestly think we have the most old and boring fanbase, alot of clubs stand for 90 mins, we should...

We have a great manager team and owners but you wouldnt think it. 

Look at the gallowgate, every fucker glued to seat.

First thing trust should address is safe standing but I find it embarrassing fans are pushing kit sponsors to the trust. God help us.

Problem is the club is punishing those for standing now, and that's when it's fairly isolated.

Get to the summer and I think the club needs to address the mess Ashley has left. 

It's the one thing the trust could and should be pushing for. The jigsaws can wait for now.

8 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Problem is the club is punishing those for standing now, and that's when it's fairly isolated.

Get to the summer and I think the club needs to address the mess Ashley has left. 

It's the one thing the trust could and should be pushing for. The jigsaws can wait for now.

Thats thing i don't get, all the shite they put above this issue. It's a football club ffs, the teams taking care of its self, get SJP rocking, who gives a shit about kit sponsors

Just now, NUFC91 said:

Thats thing i don't get, all the shite they put above this issue. It's a football club ffs, the teams taking care of its self, get SJP rocking, who gives a shit about kit sponsors

I feel like kit sponsor stuff is also a hangover of Ashley's tenure.

Football side of it was fucked and people were fighting for stupid stuff that most fans of other clubs just take for granted, such as the owners working in the best interest of the club.

He's definitely fucked this fanbase to a degree.

54 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Surprised we haven’t done a ‘Fortiter Defendit Triumphans’ banner yet (unless I’ve just missed it. Could put the back four + Pope on it. 

We've done that twice now. Never really done it justice. We did it once with Pope and the back 4 and also on the 125 display we had that banner :thup:

39 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Would love to see a full stand stood at SJP. Back in the day before Ashley disbanded it for singing nasty songs there was 3k stood in the Leazes Corner. Now there’s about 500 across a few blocks in the Strawberry Corner. 

In the aforementioned Leicester cup game we were stood in the Leazes for a corner and the people behind were asking us to sit down. 

19 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Would love to see a full stand stood at SJP. Back in the day before Ashley disbanded it for singing nasty songs there was 3k stood in the Leazes Corner. Now there’s about 500 across a few blocks in the Strawberry Corner. 

In the aforementioned Leicester cup game we were stood in the Leazes for a corner and the people behind were asking us to sit down. 

Yep i honestly think get 5k stood in leazes level 4 corner. Would be massive help