Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Pretty sure Toon Ultras website had the words to songs IIRC.

No doubt where I picked a lot of it up before going to the match on the weekend! 

Does anyone know what happened to Pav the lad who did a lot for them? Never seen him at games or anything for ages now. 

11 hours ago, Slim said:

Don't really get what so good about songs about getting pissed and being "drunk and disorderly"

It's a good tune though.

I miss some of the simples one that could go on for ages -  toon toon - black n white army - before it started to fall in on itself after 20 seconds. Or BOBBY ROBSON'S BLACK N WHITE ARMY (WE HATE SUNLUN!)

19 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

First NUFC songs I was ever told as a kid by my dad were the Terry Hibbitt on the wing song, "Hallelujah John Tudor" and "N and an E and a W, C...".

Slightly annoying how we never bring out the old songs at games. Has happened a couple times this season about old players, remember singing the Andy Cole song down at Fulham. Should happen more.

Wasn't until I was an adult that I realised the Mirandinha song said 'fucking brill' in it. Dad would sing 'and he is brill' around me.all the time. I was only 4 when he left in 1989 but that was the first chant along with 'N and an E and a W C'. Thinking back he'd always sing 'W' rather than the 'wubble u' to me, probably so I didn't go to nursery or school confused as fuck learning the alphabet. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Its a long way to Wembley Stadium 

Its a long way to go

Its a long way to Wembley Stadium 

to see the finest team I know 

Goodbye St James Farewell Leazes End 

Its a long long way to Wembley Stadium but we will be there (sez in the programme)

One hundred years has passed and gone since the journey was first taken 

Alang the Scotswood Road we gan to that little toon called Blaydon 

Ridley composed the verses and the Geordies they all sang'em 

Now everbody's come to know the Geordies National Anthem 

Oh Me lads.........

15 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Wasn't until I was an adult that I realised the Mirandinha song said 'fucking brill' in it. Dad would sing 'and he is brill' around me.all the time. I was only 4 when he left in 1989 but that was the first chant along with 'N and an E and a W C'. Thinking back he'd always sing 'W' rather than the 'wubble u' to me, probably so I didn't go to nursery or school confused as fuck learning the alphabet. 

I do the same for the bairn, Bruno’s really magic, he wears a magic hat. He hears the real version at the match all the time but either hasn’t twigged yet or just thinks everyone else is wrong.

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

I do the same for the bairn, Bruno’s really magic, he wears a magic hat. He hears the real version at the match all the time but either hasn’t twigged yet or just thinks everyone else is wrong.

Who the heck are man united been a favourite in my house this week

33 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

The bairn sings Bruno's flippin magic off her own back, she first heard it at the match so substituted 'fuckin' for 'flippin' to join in :lol: :aww:

4 hours ago, Wilson said:

Wonder how long until some bitter mackem storms Angel Mound and restores historical order by reclaiming part of Gateshead. 

They'll need volunteers to do that and we know when it comes to the Mackems they always want someone else to do it