Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He did canny the few games he had before his injury from what I remember? Worth keeping as second choice I reckon and if he gets some confidence back could push Targett.

Yeah I was hoping he would be clear competition for Targett this year so we could jettison Ritchie and not have to worry about actually playing Dummett. But we've had 3 friendlies now and he hasn't played a minute. It doesn't seem likely.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yeah I was hoping he would be clear competition for Targett this year so we could jettison Ritchie and not have to worry about actually playing Dummett. But we've had 3 friendlies now and he hasn't played a minute. It doesn't seem likely.

Happy to give him a fresh slate tbh. Can barely remember what he was like anyway and playing under Bruce is a hiding to nowt. As you say, even if he got peddled now it’d be at the bottom of his potential value. 

Does he count as homegrown?

One of those who's been kept on too long but overall he's served the club well and judging by what Howe has said lately he's an excellent pro and has tried to help the group despite being reduced to "giving Wood a breather for 5 mins" at best last season.

Really hope it works out for him, if he can stay fit and play 30+ matches he should be bagging 15 goals in that league no bother.

I’m glad he’s going and hopefully getting some playing time in his final years.

He did really well for us in the Championship, but just couldn’t take make that jump up in the Premier League.

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He did canny the few games he had before his injury from what I remember? Worth keeping as second choice I reckon and if he gets some confidence back could push Targett.

Thought he looked decidedly average in them games , looks too slight and weak/ nervous on the ball to make a prem player imo 

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What are we likely to get for Lewis? He’s barely played in ages and has had a string of injuries. Can’t imagine there’d be a lot to cash in on / a lot of interest

Considering his potential 6/8m

9 minutes ago, Pilko said:

One of those who's been kept on too long but overall he's served the club well and judging by what Howe has said lately he's an excellent pro and has tried to help the group despite being reduced to "giving Wood a breather for 5 mins" at best last season.

Really hope it works out for him, if he can stay fit and play 30+ matches he should be bagging 15 goals in that league no bother.

Just a symptom of Ashley's Newcastle basically. The equivalent would have been David Kelly still on our books in 1997.

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just a symptom of Ashley's Newcastle basically. The equivalent would have been David Kelly still on our books in 1997.

Yep. Giving him a 3 year deal at the age of 31 was pure laziness, "that'll do" and saved us having to make another signing.

32 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Always remember fondly of him for helping getting us out of that shite league with its wank refs and wank teams. Hopefully he can still bag them in for Stoke.

Wow this brought back some memories, the ones that stick out the most were 9 men at Forest I think, and the penalty being ruled out where the crowd knew the rules better than the officials [emoji38]

Good luck to Dwight

Edited by Sean

Remember the game against Burton whereby the ref (Keith Stroud) disallowed a scored Ritchie penalty to give Burton a free kick as  one of their players was encroaching the box. :lol:

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Remember the game against Burton whereby the ref (Keith Stroud) disallowed a scored Ritchie penalty to give Burton a free kick as  one of their players was encroaching the box. :lol:

Was so fucking stupid. Daft cunt even went to check with the fourth official as well IIRC.