Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

He’s gone full blown Ramsay. The blonde hair, the frowning. He even gets angry like him :lol:

I often feel he flatters to deceive and his lack of pace is a hinderance to the team. But he was incredible today. Pretty much a flawless performance. 

From my viewpoint in the middle of the gallowgate I called the Ritchie substitution as he was fairly anonymous in the second half and there was no way Kenedy was coming off, although in hindsight I reckon the Perez change for Muto would have been done earlier by Rafa instead.

He’s gone full blown Ramsay. The blonde hair, the frowning. He even gets angry like him :lol:

I often feel he flatters to deceive and his lack of pace is a hinderance to the team. But he was incredible today. Pretty much a flawless performance. 

I thought he could have done a lot better in tracking back for the Spurs second goal on first viewing, the whole right side seemed wide open for far too long. Combined with Yedlin's weakness at the back post it was a disappointing, goal, and ultimately cost us the game so not sure I would call it a flawless performance at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Craig Hope is as anti Ashley as any and while it’s his job to write stories to sell papers, he’s no shit stirrer or cause any bother. Hopefully Ritchie will have had the same kind of slap Diame had. Joking aside, I can easily see frustrations boiling over behind the scenes among some players because all their hard work and that of Rafa’s is going to be in vain while Ashley remains the owner. This can be turned into a good thing or be the sign of things to come... again worrying times!

Craig Hope is as anti Ashley as any and while it’s his job to write stories to sell papers, he’s no s*** stirrer or cause any bother. Hopefully Ritchie will have had the same kind of slap Diame had. Joking aside, I can easily see frustrations boiling over behind the scenes among some players because all their hard work and that of Rafa’s is going to be in vain while Ashley remains the owner. This can be turned into a good thing or be the sign of things to come... again worrying times!

ts;dr

Not sure who it was, but one manager came out with the view that he prefers it when his players have arguments like this. Says the clubs he was at where it happaned where the more successful clubs where as the ones where it never happaned were the strugglers.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not sure who it was, but one manager came out with the view that he prefers it when his players have arguments like this. Says the clubs he was at where it happaned where the more successful clubs where as the ones where it never happaned were the strugglers.

Joe Kinnear at Wimbledon by any chance?

Fairly certain that was Rafa after the Diame incident. :lol:

Both players shook hands and agreed to move on after a talk with Rafa Benitez

Benitez, who wasn't in the room at the time, is happy with the resolution

Still, I'm concerned about all of this tbh. Feels edgy. We need a couple of wins.