Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

(while this has all definitely been blown out of proportion) Whatever people say about Ritchie and wanting to upgrade with Townsend, you absolutely can't underestimate his influence off the pitch. He's a radge bastard and will not accept a scrap less than 100% from anyone, even holding his captain to account when needed.

Whatever happened between Rafa, Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie, doubt there will be any long-term negative effects.

Rather the players hold self-responsibility than the meek cowards we had during our relegation season.

Bit pathetic from Craig like.

If there's one thing I've learned from Twitter it is that most journalists are self important wankers who think they and their new elevated status makes them some kind of demi-god.

(while this has all definitely been blown out of proportion) Whatever people say about Ritchie and wanting to upgrade with Townsend, you absolutely can't underestimate his influence off the pitch. He's a radge bastard and will not accept a scrap less than 100% from anyone, even holding his captain to account when needed.

This.  Ritchie is a good player and an absolutely huge character for us.

Hope is desperate for this to be a bigger issue. It’s quite annoying and I’d be angry too. It’s not what anybody needs if we’re simply talking about getting results on the pitch. Hope should use some of his investigative journalist skills and go after the shit head who owns the club.

Ritchie POTY nailed on then.

"There are fears that outside influences could be attempting to manufacture a move for a player they do not want to sell and who remains popular with supporters."

Good thing articles like this pop up to turn fans against Lascelles then.

I can’t help but think this non story is something KBA is more than happy to see as it diverts from the real agenda.

If they had a bust up in training it’s likely that Ritchie left a late foot in and Lascelles lost his cool and was about to pull his head off before Shelvey stepped in as peace maker (again)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

I thought he was back to his worst from earlier last season. Lots of huff and puff and shouting and screaming at others, but poor on the ball and guilty as anyone for things going wrong. He gave it away so many times in the second half I lost count. Bottled a few challenges in the air too. It’s all good and well chasing lost causes and trying to cajole team-mates, but when you have Yedlin in space 10 yards ahead of you and you play a ball meant for him to a red shirt sorry, but that’s shite. He wasn’t alone in that regard mind, more so the second half.

Ritchie is never great and he certainly wasn't today. He obviously cares but that's it.

i always feel better when he's in the team, like Shelvey, to me that makes him a player.

There was times where Ritchie was our only creative spark on the pitch. I thought he looked great first half when watching it, looking back it was just average performance from him where everyone else was doing fuck all.

I guess it says a lot about us where Ritchie is the only thing making us look dangerous.