Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Man, I didn't realise so many people didn't rate Matt Ritchie. I like him, he not be world class, but he's what we need. Has a bit of quality, tries hard, seems to give a shit, and I've seen bollock players around him for not helping him press.

Man, I didn't realise so many people didn't rate Matt Ritchie. I like him, he not be world class, but he's what we need. Has a bit of quality, tries hard, seems to give a shit, and I've seen bollock players around him for not helping him press.

That sums it up for me. He'll never be my favourite player, nor will I ever expect to see him do something amazing with the ball, but I want him to be playing most games this season. The leadership he brings is crucial, as well as setting the expectations and tactical discipline so high.

In the second half on Saturday when Perez number came up for him to be subbed for Muto Richie just walked off and sat down on the bench, is that even allowed by the rules of the game?  Perez stayed on obviously but, even the announcer didn't correct the substitution after he has said Perez replaced by Muto.....

Kind of odd....

Guess he was just knackered and felt it was better if he stepped out of the game!

On the other hand I've noticed that this season that there are at least 2 fourth official boards being used in the dug outs.

Not sure if the coaches are expected to type in their subs then give it to the fourth official

about the dispute with Lascelles - https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matt-ritchie-gives-side-story-15181278

best quote: “I’ve been the same player since day one. Jonjo Shelvey will say to me, ‘Matty, please, just for today will you not shout?’.

i'd forgotten how bad the chronicle site is so here's the article:

Matt Ritchie says that he and Jamaal Lascelles were on speaking terms within 20 minutes of their training ground discussion last month.

The Scotland winger, speaking to the Daily Express, has revealed he is a vocal character during practice sessions with the Magpies .

Ritchie said: “We had a difference of opinion and a discussion about it – a lively discussion!

“Jamaal and I are two of the more vocal characters, very similar in the way we train and conduct ourselves.

“It was something which got overheated but it was nothing personal and 20 minutes later, everything was fine.”

Ritchie, though, feels his encouragement at the club’s Benton base is never taken the wrong way.

He said: “The lads know me.

“I’ve been the same player since day one. Jonjo Shelvey will say to me, ‘Matty, please, just for today will you not shout?’.

“I’ll try it for 10 minutes but more often than not, I’ll fail.

“Sometimes they just ignore me and are thinking, ‘Just shut up’ but it doesn’t stop me because it makes me demand levels from myself.”

“I’ve always been loud, always been vocal.

“It’s just my personality and I’ve never been one to shy away from voicing an opinion.

“I like to think I am honest and open with those around me and if you are demanding the highest standards from team-mates, your own standards have to be right up there as well.”

Guest neesy111

Has The Chronicle always just ripped off other media outlets’ stories or just the past few years?

For years, they are owned by Trinity Mirror and technically they are loss making as a local newspaper.

Has The Chronicle always just ripped off other media outlets’ stories or just the past few years?

For years, they are owned by Trinity Mirror and technically they are loss making as a local newspaper.

Changed their name to Reach plc.

• 4 weeks later...

Sick of this cunt. Championship player living off his Championship season.

He has to be 'Mr Newcastle' to take the glory. He can't and/or won't cross the ball. What he will do though is cut inside, ignore players in better positions who he could pass too, try and beat 1 CB, then if he's done that he'll either take one of his shots or will try to beat the next CB who has closed him down, again ignoring other players in better positions to pass too, and if he's done that he'll take a shot unless he's been push too far wide in which case he'll come back inside again until he's lost the ball.

He a selfish bastard who is unwilling to pass the ball. he gets away with it though because in the Championship he was good enough to get away with it and once every so often one of his shots will find the net. It's easier for people to count the goals he's scored for us then it is to count the ones he's cost us. A fucking fraud who's head drops way too easily.

He has to be 'Mr Newcastle' to take the glory. He can't and/or won't cross the ball. What he will do though is cut inside, ignore players in better positions who he could pass too, try and beat 1 CB, then if he's done that he'll either take one of his shots or will try to beat the next CB who has closed him down, again ignoring other players in better positions to pass too, and if he's done that he'll take a shot unless he's been push too far wide in which case he'll come back inside again until he's lost the ball.

He a selfish bastard who is unwilling to pass the ball. he gets away with it though because in the Championship he was good enough to get away with it and once every so often one of his shots will find the net. It's easier for people to count the goals he's scored for us then it is to count the ones he's cost us. A fucking fraud who's head drops way too easily.

Dont agree

Utter horseshit

Absolute horseshit. I do think, however that his influence might not be having the positive impact that his attributes should provide. When players are lacking confidence, he can probably compound things. Just another symptom of Ashley's ownership, and in no way a slur on Ritchie.