Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

He's indispensable to us at present. As good as Ki & Shelvey are, Diame is our first choice centre midfielder and probably one of the first names on the team sheet every week. I'm sure in our imaginations we would all like to ideally see Ki & Shelvey together, but imo it's one or the other, paired with Diame. Critical player.

That does not surprise me one bit. Coming away from the game last night I said to my mate I would arguably have given him MotM as I thought the amount of times he broke up play by getting a foot in was phenomenal.

That doesn't surprise me. Second half of last season he was inch perfect 99% of the time. He looked horrendous going into the tackles, like, and I felt sure everyone would result in a foul. But he walks away with it stuck to his toe.

Suggests to me that a. he's a fucking good tackler, and b. he attempts tackles that most wouldn't.

Guest Howaythetoon

Probably our most influential player in terms of what he gives to the team and how he compliments others. Right now him and KI seem a better fit than him or Shelvey. Neither would be as effective without him alongside them mind. He set the tone against Burnley from the off and his level of perfmance in terms of winning the ball, pressing and disrupting their play didn’t drop once.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

In a hypothetical/unlikely better position, I'd still keep him to bring on at the end of matches. He has bad performances but his good ones are worth it and he still has the most interceptions in the league.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mohamed Diame is closing in on a new deal at Newcastle United. The midfielder – who made his comeback from injury in Monday night’s 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers – is in the final year of his contract at St James’s Park.

However, the Gazette understands that Diame, signed from Hull City in the summer of 2016 for £4.5million, will trigger a one-year extension to his deal if he plays 25 games for the club this season.

The 31-year-old (he's 32 in June) has made 22 Premier League appearances – 21 starts and one substitute’s appearance – so far this season. Diame, an ever-present in the first half of the campaign, would have already triggered the extension had he not fractured a metatarsal in training early last month.

Mohamed Diame is closing in on a new deal at Newcastle United. The midfielder – who made his comeback from injury in Monday night’s 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers – is in the final year of his contract at St James’s Park.

However, the Gazette understands that Diame, signed from Hull City in the summer of 2016 for £4.5million, will trigger a one-year extension to his deal if he plays 25 games for the club this season.

The 31-year-old (he's 32 in June) has made 22 Premier League appearances – 21 starts and one substitute’s appearance – so far this season. Diame, an ever-present in the first half of the campaign, would have already triggered the extension had he not fractured a metatarsal in training early last month.

Fuck, lets hope Almiron and Longstaff keep him out.

I really don't get the hate for Diame to be honest. He has been great for us since we got promoted. That said I would like to upgrade on him in the summer and have him for squad depth next season.

He has not been great, he played very well for half a season, rest of the time he's been worse than shite.

I really don't get the hate for Diame to be honest. He has been great for us since we got promoted. That said I would like to upgrade on him in the summer and have him for squad depth next season.

He has not been great, he played very well for half a season, rest of the time he's been worse than s****.

He’s not been worse than shit this season. Not as good as last season aye, but he’s still been alright

He has not been great, he played very well for half a season, rest of the time he's been worse than s****.

He’s not been worse than shit this season. Not as good as last season aye, but he’s still been alright

It's only because he was playing like Kante last season that the start of this year was underwhelming. I’m sure he’s leading all sorts of club stats despite not playing as well as last season.

He’s not been worse than s*** this season. Not as good as last season aye, but he’s still been alright

There's been too many 'donkey diame' moments this season.

I was hoping the second half of last season wasn't a one off.

It was.

He’s not been worse than s*** this season. Not as good as last season aye, but he’s still been alright

It's only because he was playing like Kante last season that the start of this year was underwhelming. I’m sure he’s leading all sorts of club stats despite not playing as well as last season.

I think stats show he is in the top 5 in the league for number of tackles made.

Awaits incoming comments that every pass he makes is like a tackle and skews his stats.  :lol: