Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

I see you've conceded a penalty.

Was Ciaran anything to do with that, per chance?

Fuckin' Brummie. Amazing how often you're right.

You can hardly accuse Clark of misrepresenting himself at the Euros. Puzzling recruitment this.

Even if he's shite I'm not bothered, the way it's described he'll be nothing more than cover.

Yep.

I can't accept he's worse than the absolute messes we've had around the club recently. Not possible.

He is. Awful player, should be in league one at best.

Watching the highlights he was slightly unlucky for the pen IMO. Just let the ball run away from him a tiny bit and lunged. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.

Standard shit pen to give away by a thick player.

Watching the highlights he was slightly unlucky for the pen IMO. Just let the ball run away from him a tiny bit and lunged. Wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.

Granted, I haven't seen any of this footage but that sounds exactly like him. Clumsy, split second too late, aggressive. Those are the ingredients that will consistently get you on the wrong side of luck.

It started with a nervy and failed attempt at what should have been a simple clearance, exactly the same as Hanley has done a couple of times but got away with.

Just looked like really poor defending, he didn't even have to make a tackle we had 3 men in covering positions.

Thought he was fine before the penalty, had a shaky time after half time and then settled again later in the 2nd. Looked pretty comfortable on the ball with both feet which I wasn't expecting

Incidentally,  apart from Dummett who rarely plays there, is he our first left footed centre back since Albert?

The way I look at it is he's at worst another Steven Taylor who stays fit and isn't a bellend. Still a good swap.

If he's Steven Taylor mk2 I'd rather he didn't stay fit.

Probably closer to being a Bramble Mk2 tbf. Taylor was a shit defender full stop, Bramble was good for 89 mins then would drop the gaffe which would cost us points in the other .