Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

To think Ciaran Clark would ever mean this much to anyone [emoji38]

Absolutely. His lowlight reel from Villa and Euro 2016 was something else. But fair play, he's been the calm and composed presence that's needed from his position.

I really think he stabalised our catastrophic defence a lot this season. I do fear for him back in the premier league though, he looked poor for Villa there, and you know you move from marking the Cameron Jeromes of the world to marking Eden Hazard etc...

I really think he stabalised our catastrophic defence a lot this season. I do fear for him back in the premier league though, he looked poor for Villa there, and you know you move from marking the Cameron Jeromes of the world to marking Eden Hazard etc...

Well naturally but you don't face Hazard every week, besides it's never one mans job to defend someone like that anyway.

Well no but not been hugely impressed by the quality of attacking players in championship, more attritional in scoring than clinical often. Lot of teams in premier league do have really technical players even if inconsistent.

What an amazing spot to sign him. A center half from a historically bad relegated team. I completely defer to the football brain that could see his ability through all of that.

Clark's only 27 too, so plenty of time to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...