Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just noticed the mighty Huddersfield have managed to slip to 5th without any games in hand. Coming for us went well for them.

They made 10 changes yesterday btw, they've clearly taken their foot of the gas.

sensible strategy at this stage imo

I felt for Leeds until I got on a train that was swarming with their fans last night. I know, you can't generalise but fucking hell, so many utterly rancid cunts.

With Leeds you can. I think time has done wonders for helping people to forget what cunts their fans are.

Aye, encountered a load of them on the train after we drew with Birmingham in the cup and they'd been playing West Brom. Proper scummers. Actually one of them was alright and was apologising for the others.

I felt for Leeds until I got on a train that was swarming with their fans last night. I know, you can't generalise but f***ing hell, so many utterly rancid c***s.

With Leeds you can. I think time has done wonders for helping people to forget what c***s their fans are.

Aye, encountered a load of them on the train after we drew with Birmingham in the cup and they'd been playing West Brom. Proper scummers. Actually one of them was alright and was apologising for the others.

Derby were playing West Brom when we drew with Birmingham in the cup. Leeds were away at Cambridge on the Monday.

I felt for Leeds until I got on a train that was swarming with their fans last night. I know, you can't generalise but f***ing hell, so many utterly rancid c***s.

With Leeds you can. I think time has done wonders for helping people to forget what c***s their fans are.

Derby were playing West Brom when we drew with Birmingham in the cup. Leeds were away at Cambridge on the Monday.

I bet BlueStar thought he'd get away with that. Hopefully your investigation will put an end to his web of stinking lies.

Not this year, about a decade ago  :razz:

Although looking back to 2007 it doesn't look like they were playing West Brom then either, so it's possible it was a league game. Either way, it was from the Midlands and we were nothing coming back up north cos they cos chucked off our train.

Guest Howaythetoon

One thing that gives me hope is that the quality of the PL is really average. Take the Everton vs Chelsea game two of the best sides and it's been awful the quality.

One thing that gives me hope is that the quality of the PL is really average. Take the Everton vs Chelsea game two of the best sides and it's been awful the quality.

They'd both dispense with us easily.

voted for sheff weds, great ground, biggest club there thats not a bunch of c***s.

I hate Hillsborough, it should have been pulled down in 1989.

Amazed me when I first went in 98 (I think) it was basically the same stand, and still is.

Guest firetotheworks

They'd both dispense with us easily.

Anything below Messi/Ronaldo/Barca/70s Brazil/70s Holland quality is shite as far as HTT's concerned. [emoji38]

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/611040/Newcastle-bonuses-Mike-Ashley-Premier-League-promotion

NEWCASTLE players are set to share in a bumper £5m promotion windfall.

Toon’s multi-millionaire owner Mike Ashley has forked-out for an end of season bonus for the first time in three years to help celebrate the Geordies’ return to the big time at the first attempt.

Newcastle trail leaders Brighton, who travel to Aston Villa, by just one point meaning they can still go up as champions.

St James’ Park is already a 52,000 sell-out for Sunday’s visit of Barnsley, with Benitez’s men determined to head back to the Premier League in style.

The bonus was agreed at the start of the season and will be shared among players and backroom staff.

Benitez has landed his own seven-figure pay out.

The players’ share of the prize pot is decided on a sliding scale by the number of games they have each figured in.

Admin staff at the club will receive a separate payment as part of the reward for The Magpies sealing automatic promotion 12 months after relegation.

Ashley last paid out a bonus in 2014 after the club’s most recent top 10 Premier League finish.

If Hull join, boro and the Mackems in relegation and also Fulham or Reading win the playoffs, will we be the only Northern team on the eastern side of the country in the PL ? Sad to think of the legacy NE and Yorkshire clubs have to say the premier club in that area is Hull City, who are fighting it out fr 17th spot in the table.

Suppose I would rather have a couple more Northern teams in the Premier League with us so hoping Hull stay up and Sheff Wed come up with us but as long as we're there I'm not too bothered who is up there with us.

Not sure who I'd like to win the play offs.

Fulham best team to watch

Sheff Weds, a good mates team and northern.

Huddersfield, always like it when a team who haven't been in the Top flight (at least for a long time) gets there.

Reading........No.....just No!

Time to enjoy the playoffs now. Huddersfield have really fell off in terms of form, they will play Sheff Wed. You have to fancy Wednesday in that one. Fulham and Reading will be a good tie, hard to call but Fulham are in a purple patch right now. Fulham, Sheff Wed final for me, a repeat of today's game with Fulham won !