Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

9 more wins and we are promoted, 13 and we are champions.

That doesn't make sense.

I think we only need to win 9 more games to get promotion (can't see 2 clubs finishing above us at that point), and we only need 13 more wins for the title.

That doesn't make sense.

I think we only need to win 9 more games to get promotion (can't see 2 clubs finishing above us at that point), and we only need 13 more wins for the title.

Brighton finished on 89 last season and didn't go up.

It's pretty remarkable that we're on the same amount of points as we were at this point last time. The team isn't as settled and I feel like the immediate oppoition is stronger than it was in 09/10.

It's pretty remarkable that we're on the same amount of points as we were at this point last time. The team isn't as settled and I feel like the immediate oppoition is stronger than it was in 09/10.

I actually made a slight mistake, I had a draw and a win from the 09/10 season the wrong way round on gameweeks 27 and 28, so we are actually two points ahead of the 09/10 season, I updated the graph :thup:

I was more nervous in 09/10 than I am this time around even though we keep losing silly games this season. I think because West Brom and Forest were so strong in our last promotion campaign where as I only really feel like we're competing with Brighton this time around.

Do people actually care about winning the title?

It's pretty meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

We are in a competition. I want us to win it.

:thup: I know it's not a major trophy but I'm surprised at the amount of people I've seen brush off the idea of winning he league as something they're not particularly interested in.

If we go up, first, second hell, even if it's by the playoffs, I'll feel confident that as long as we keep Rafa we'll be in the best position out of all three promoted teams to consolidate our position. Doesn't mean I don't still want us to push for the title while we're at it.

That doesn't make sense.

You think anyone else in the league are going to be that strong this season?

6th placed Sheffield Wednesday, only 13 points and 28 goals behind us. They're the real threat.

The big question is are they capable of getting 40 points (which would bring them level with us should we win 9 games and lose the rest)? Outside of Brighton I don't think there is anyone who would be able to match us should we get another 9 wins.

Do people actually care about winning the title?

It's pretty meaningless as far as I'm concerned.

Going up is obviously the main thing.  But, Brighton beating us to the title.. fuck that shit.

That doesn't make sense.

You think anyone else in the league are going to be that strong this season?

Who knows? I haven't got a crystal ball. 9 wins may well be enough but then again it may not, we will wait and see.