Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Get a point - or better - at Huddersfield and I will be raising my mark from 7 to 8.5...those of us who have 95/96 carved on our hearts do not ever take anything for granted until its mathematically impossible to fail..!

Get a point - or better - at Huddersfield and I will be raising my mark from 7 to 8.5...those of us who have 95/96 carved on our hearts do not ever take anything for granted until its mathematically impossible to fail..!

You were a 7? From some of your posts I had assumed you were around 4. :lol:

How many wins do we need from the last 12games to go up automatically? Saw that we had the toughest run in with Huddersfield, Reading, Wednesday, Fulham and Leeds to play.

I think looking over past seasons you rarely fail to go up automatically with 90 pts so hopefully 6 would do it.

How many wins do we need from the last 12games to go up automatically? Saw that we had the toughest run in with Huddersfield, Reading, Wednesday, Fulham and Leeds to play.

I think looking over past seasons you rarely fail to go up automatically with 90 pts so hopefully 6 would do it.

7 wins, 0 draws and 5 defeats would put us on 94 points. Means Huddersfield would need 30 out of their remaining 39 points to overtake us!

A lot of people, understandably, have assumed that huddersfield catching us means that we finish 3rd. If they catch us then they also overtake Brighton too and we're already a win better off than them. We just need to match either huddersfield or Brighton to go up.

I was actually wondering this just this morning, funnily enough. Norwich (h) and Birmingham (h)?

I was thinking it seems ages since they all started together. I can remember home to Ipswich too, they all started, and we won very comfortably then as well.

If the squad is fully fit for the run in I'll be extra confident. Hayden, Gayle and Anita all coming back in the not too distant future will be huge.

I think that's a bit of a misleading stat. All three started against Reading (h), Derby (a), Villa (a), Norwich (h), Barnsley (a), Ipswich (h), Leeds (a), Forest (a), Wigan (a), Birmingham (h) and Burton (a).

Apart from the Forest game they all played the majority of the game together so although they may have all been on the pitch at the end of the Reading and the Norwich game, it's not like we haven't had all three available for all but 2 games this season.

To me that stat seems to indicate we never have all 3 available but we did for most games in the first half of the season just that they were subbed off before 90 mins, usually because the game was safe.

Last relegation season we were top of the league after 35 games.

We had 73 points with a GD of +40 Having scored 66 and conceded 26.

After 34 games this season we are top of the league.

We have 73 points with a GD of +38 having scored 66 and conceded 28.

So a loss at Huddersfield would see our points total the same as at the corresponding time in the last championship season.

Was our run in as tough as this one? Can remember we played our closest rival West Brom in January when Lovenkrands scored after his father died.

Sky seem to be making it a big deal that our run in is much tougher than Brighton's.