Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are effectively 9pts ahead of Huddersfield with 12 to play.

Huddersfield might win 9 of those 12, so we need 7 wins at the most now, 5 or 6 will probably do it.

E I E I E I O

Huddersfield have 13 games left. Still, 9 wins from 13 would cracking form from them and still probably not quite enough.

It's been a fucking intense season this, like. I understand the arguments for why it's irrational to feel pessimism, but even in spite of the fact we've been in the top 2 almost the whole way - I've felt it faltering more than a couple of times, whilst still having an underlying confidence. I didn't have that last time, it always felt like we were gonna go straight back up nee bother.

Tonight feels massive though, it really does. The players deserve enormous credit because they're absolutely committed in the goal this season.

A point at Huddersfield and we're well on the way to the final slog, which we ought to do well in.

It's been a fucking intense season this, like. I understand the arguments for why it's irrational to feel pessimism, but even in spite of the fact we've been in the top 2 almost the whole way - I've felt it faltering more than a couple of times, whilst still having an underlying confidence. I didn't have that last time, it always felt like we were gonna go straight back up nee bother.

Tonight feels massive though, it really does. The players deserve enormous credit because they're absolutely committed in the goal this season.

A point at Huddersfield and we're well on the way to the final slog, which we ought to do well in.

:thup: fully agree like, I think it's fully down to Rafa getting the best tactically out of what is a group of good but not great players who've just been thrown together. It's not going to be perfect but he knows how to get results. It can be tense to witness though.

Imagine we won all three of these away games. :sweetjesus:

I'd say it's pretty plausible that we do. Tonight will be a massive lift and coupled with our previous away form, I can absolutely see us getting 9 points.

form.png

Form looks alright doesn't it.

Not bad at all and interestingly in the last 5, we've won 3 of the games that were on Sky and didn't win the 2 games that were not, that's a major contrast to earlier in the season.

3 wins in 13 games at one stage. Could you imagine this place if we did that now? :lol:

..but how many games were defeats...??

We've lost one match this year in the league and look at some of the overreaction.

Remind me how many times we have come from behind to get points this season...

Three. Twice in the last three games.

...and to get THREE points..??

Two  :whistle:

How many wins do we need from the last 12games to go up automatically? Saw that we had the toughest run in with Huddersfield, Reading, Wednesday, Fulham and Leeds to play.

It also means we're in control, if we take points from all of those teams and win a few more, we're up. That's how Rafa will be thinking about it

I've been confident for a long time though Huddersfield form was of concern BUT that was a huge win last night. To win from a losing position, that too to a rival is massive.

Another big game next, win that and we are laughing. Just important we don't lose it.