Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

If he has the hunger, there is no reason why he shouldn't start ahead of Mitrovic.

I love Mitro but he hasn't done much to expect to walk into the team.

A bit of competition will do him good. And given he is still relatively young and raw there may not be that much difference in quality.

Murphy has certainly scored more goals at this level.

Considering Murphy has played 200 odd games at this level and Mitrovic has played 0 I would expect that to be the case.

Murphy will give us options and provided we go up, we can replace with a better player. It has been said in the past that Rafa does sign some average players at times but he is just trying to fill holes in the squad.

Getting in players to push other players on, while having cover for tactical changes.

He did say he will make mistakes, but going up is the priority and time will tell.

If he has the hunger, there is no reason why he shouldn't start ahead of Mitrovic.

I love Mitro but he hasn't done much to expect to walk into the team.

A bit of competition will do him good. And given he is still relatively young and raw there may not be that much difference in quality.

Murphy has certainly scored more goals at this level.

Considering Murphy has played 200 odd games at this level and Mitrovic has played 0 I would expect that to be the case.

Also, he's 33 and got 1 in 3 last season. In the Championship. Come on. Mitrovic needs to get going, and once he does, he'll piss 1 in 3.

Just keep trying to convince yourself, Rafa is behind these signings.

[emoji38]

Rafa has signed a lot of crap in his time, but yeah, can't see this one being his.

Like Mike is going to be behind signing a 33 year old with absolutely no resale value [emoji38]

So when we sign decent players it's Rafa, if we think they're shit it's Carr/Ashley.

Come on guys, these are Rafa signings. Does anyone really believe Rafa stayed only to be given players he might not want.

:scared:

To this signing. Not sure if he can still play out wide given his age. Maybe we are still getting another striker in too like it was reported we still wanted two.

He adds more experience than Riviere and Armstrong and shows that mitro and gayle will be first choice.

An Underwhelming signing at its best but could be a shrewd one.

Sounds a decent option to me.  Rafa clearly wants to play with a target man so we will need someone as backup for when Mitrovic is suspended/out of form.  I'm not sure who people think we should/could be signing as a third choice striker when we are in the championship?  It is either someone like this with experience or a young striker on loan who could be hit or miss.  As a short term stop gap I would go with experience every time.  Once were back in the premier league we can start looking at potential again.

Rafa is taking the piss out of us all. Absolutely taking the piss. Just fuck off.

I dont know why everyone is so negative towards this bloke. After all after the portsmouth game you were all licking his arse stating how much of a good job he has done etc etc etc. Now after a poor xmas period (which we never fucking do well in anyway) you want him out. From reading this forum for a while everytime we go through a bad patch the majority of regular posters want the manager out. Joe Kinnear has done a decent job considering the state that the club is in. Had we won those tight games in which we drew we would be level on points with Wigan who by all accounts are having a great season.

What we need is a little bit of stability and if Kinnear is going to give us a few seasons of mid table consolodation while putting in place a quality scouting network and continue to develop our academy then so be it.

The last thing we need is to get rid of him and bring in another high paid so called savoiur only to be in the same position. The problems we have are not going be fixed by changing the manager, its much deeper than that. If it wasnt for Kinnear lets face it we would probably be bottom of the league right now, but with Kinnear we are in 11th position.

The problem with this forum is that the majority of posters only know Newcastle United from KK first reign in charge and therefore havent seen or experienced the dark days of the eighties and early ninety's where we were really shit. I am not saying this position that the club finds itself in is acceptable but it could be a lot worse....look at Leeds United.

Kinnear done miracles at Wimbledon, give him a chance to change us around..... we may be suprised

Rafa is taking the p*ss out of us all. Absolutely taking the p*ss. Just f*** off.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/b1c12eab5c46bdca96961e9498b0e34c.jpg

Chris never found his way home [emoji38]

Guest firetotheworks

Rafa is taking the piss out of us all. Absolutely taking the piss. Just fuck off.

I dont know why everyone is so negative towards this bloke. After all after the portsmouth game you were all licking his arse stating how much of a good job he has done etc etc etc. Now after a poor xmas period (which we never fucking do well in anyway) you want him out. From reading this forum for a while everytime we go through a bad patch the majority of regular posters want the manager out. Joe Kinnear has done a decent job considering the state that the club is in. Had we won those tight games in which we drew we would be level on points with Wigan who by all accounts are having a great season.

What we need is a little bit of stability and if Kinnear is going to give us a few seasons of mid table consolodation while putting in place a quality scouting network and continue to develop our academy then so be it.

The last thing we need is to get rid of him and bring in another high paid so called savoiur only to be in the same position. The problems we have are not going be fixed by changing the manager, its much deeper than that. If it wasnt for Kinnear lets face it we would probably be bottom of the league right now, but with Kinnear we are in 11th position.

The problem with this forum is that the majority of posters only know Newcastle United from KK first reign in charge and therefore havent seen or experienced the dark days of the eighties and early ninety's where we were really shit. I am not saying this position that the club finds itself in is acceptable but it could be a lot worse....look at Leeds United.

Kinnear done miracles at Wimbledon, give him a chance to change us around..... we may be suprised

[emoji38] Delicious. As good as having (WUM) after your username.