Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Ipswich fan in work is not happy one bit. All he ever says is you buy one of our best players from the previous couple of seasons and he never even makes your bench. Reckons it's not fair that we have a few million to spunk on a back up player  ;D

We're the Man City of this division.

If only we could be the Man City of Man City's division. Instead of the Newcastle of Man City's division.

Don't see what all the fuss is about. Cost the arse end of bugger all and we've got someone who has a track record of 1 in 3 in this division as our 4th choice striker, who's happy to just be here so wont cause any chew on in terms of morale.

Job's a good'un.

Would be tempted to stick him on the bench Saturday against his old club if fit.

I'm sorry, but that's such a Pardew move :lol: Like starting Shola in the derbies because he was known (at least semi-sarcastically) as the "mackem slayer". We've got better players than Murphy to stick on the bench, probably players that are more match fit as well, as Murphy is just returning from some time out.

Obviously after having said this, Rafa will put him on the bench.

Who gives a fuck about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

I think this is a poor signing because I think he's rank, but I certainly don't think it's a pointless signing. He's backup. Ideally he never plays, but there's a long way to go.

Could have spent that money elsewhere. £4m on a young player with his career ahead of him rather than this donkey. We paid less for Haydens didn't we? Would Anichebe or Bentenar on a free be a worse idea than dropping millions on Murphy?

Where are you getting that figure from?

Who gives a f*** about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

I think this is a poor signing because I think he's rank, but I certainly don't think it's a pointless signing. He's backup. Ideally he never plays, but there's a long way to go.

Could have spent that money elsewhere. £4m on a young player with his career ahead of him rather than this donkey. We paid less for Haydens didn't we? Would Anichebe or Bentenar on a free be a worse idea than dropping millions on Murphy?

So we'd have King Kev, Sir Bobby and Lord Bendtner. We'd half a feudal fiefdom on the go tbh.

Who gives a f*** about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

Where are you getting that figure from?

The fee apparently was £2m with an additional £2m if we automatically get promoted.

• 2 months later...

Scores one goal and now he's been worth while? Still doesn't wash with me. Could have easily brought in a free transfer who'd have done the same job and kept the money for some quality, god knows we're crying out for it. But then again I'm not allowed to want us to sign players, it's too early in the window.

Scores one goal and now he's been worth while? Still doesn't wash with me. Could have easily brought in a free transfer who'd have done the same job and kept the money for some quality, god knows we're crying out for it. But then again I'm not allowed to want us to sign players, it's too early in the window.

Eh??  :lol: