Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Cannot comprehend going through thinking a family member has been found alive only to be told it was a false alarm. 

Wouldn’t ever get over that to be honest, would utterly destroy me 

7 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I guess atsu gives us a link that makes it feel real.

This is very true, it's hard to personalise a tragedy on this scale. Someone once said 1 death is a tragedy, 1 million deaths is a statistic and there's a lot of truth in that. I think it's human nature to take far more interest in something when you have a personal link, even if tenuous, to someone involved in it.

Like most on here I didn't know Atsu at all, but I watched him play and cheered him on for the years he was here. For some reason it makes it feel so much more relatable knowing he's been caught up in this, and although no one life is worth more than any other and I clearly hope all those missing have a miraculous positive outcome, it's not unfair to target some good thoughts specifically in the direction of Christian.

4 hours ago, La Parka said:

Man. If he was in a building chances are that's the end. Unless he's unconscious in a hospital somewhere. Grim as f for all victims. I guess atsu gives us a link that makes it feel real. 

Whilst not the most famous footballer you would think he’s famous enough that if unconscious in hospital someone would recognise him.

10 hours ago, SAK said:

Whilst not the most famous footballer you would think he’s famous enough that if unconscious in hospital someone would recognise him.

I imagine hospitals are absolute carnage right now so possibly not. Not been in any natural disasters but I imagine they are absolutely overrun?

14 minutes ago, La Parka said:

I imagine hospitals are absolute carnage right now so possibly not. Not been in any natural disasters but I imagine they are absolutely overrun?

Only real "hope" at this stage is that the hospitals are overrun and that notifying next of kin isn't top of their list of priorities. Other that I guess we all have to brace for sad news :(

Edited by Kaizero

Fuck, had stopped checking this thread. I assumed he was okay after the sheer confidence in the updates that were posted the other day; journos obviously rushing to get the news out there first without fact-checking, like it's just a transfer story or something. Useless cunts.