Sexual Abuse in Football

Tooj

You need to go through all sorts of checks to coach kids football nowadays don't you? Was probably completely different thirty years ago or so mind, the BBC and parliament were riddled with them, doesn't surprise me that it happens in football one bit.

The checks only check what you have done though. They can't check what you have got away with or haven't done yet.

Yep, there needs to be strict safeguarding procedures in place throughout, I understood there are, but I may be wrong and don't know when they came in force.

Would be just our luck if it turns out Rafa is a nonce, like.

[emoji38]

[emoji38] he's right and all mind

You can joke, but imagine what'll happen if either KK and SBR are implicated. Actually, no, don't - I really don't think I could handle that.

Would be just our luck if it turns out Rafa is a nonce, like.

[emoji38]

[emoji38] he's right and all mind

You can joke, but imagine what'll happen if either KK and SBR are implicated. Actually, no, don't - I really don't think I could handle that.

I was picturing Taggart and his backroom team being involved for the North West assaults especially as The Sun would definitely use the headline:

FERGUSON PHELAN KIDD.

I heard the latest interview with Paul Stewart on 5Live, last night. Horrendous - he sounded genuinely all over the place. Seems this nonce who had targeted him, befriended his family, threatened their lives (to Stewart) and said he would fuck up his career if he told anyone. Bastard. :(

Daft to think that this won't have been going on in football for decades, given the easy access to young lads. :(

Glad things like this have come to light.  It's fucking sickening, TBH.  But it needs to get highlighted. 

I was abused by a so called 'family friend' when I was younger and only told the missus about 5 years ago and my Mam earlier this year.  It really is hard to put it into words when trying to explain it.  You feel guilty and ashamed of yourself and for years, I just buried it in the back of my mind.  Can't imagine what it is like for people that have suffered far worse and for those that have to come out and speak to the public to raise awareness.  It is a terrifying thought, for me.  So I have ended up just announcing it on here instead.  Solid logic :lol:

Fuck it.  I am seeing this stuff in the media all the while and I watched Spotlight earlier this year and decided I have had enough of keeping it bottled up.  Feels good to get it off my chest. 

Glad things like this have come to light.  It's f***ing sickening, TBH.  But it needs to get highlighted. 

I was abused by a so called 'family friend' when I was younger and only told the missus about 5 years ago and my Mam earlier this year.  It really is hard to put it into words when trying to explain it.  You feel guilty and ashamed of yourself and for years, I just buried it in the back of my mind.  Can't imagine what it is like for people that have suffered far worse and for those that have to come out and speak to the public to raise awareness.  It is a terrifying thought, for me.  So I have ended up just announcing it on here instead.  Solid logic :lol:

f*** it.  I am seeing this stuff in the media all the while and I watched Spotlight earlier this year and decided I have had enough of keeping it bottled up.  Feels good to get it off my chest.

Standiing tall with you bruv  O0

Listened to one of the victims of Barry Bennell on Talksport last night. It was tough going as the guy was clearly struggling to talk about it and it was clear how much it had fucked him up.  Thankfully, in very un-Talk Sport fashion, it was handled really well and I take my hat off to the guy who was being interviewed for his courage.  Hopefully this stuff coming to light will stop the whole bravado act that persists in football and encourage the governing bodies to put some decent support systems in place for players suffering from mental health issues, abuse etc.

Guest alijmitchell

It would be horrible if there was a savile-esque situation at the club. Would ruin how I see the club completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk