Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United - post match jubilation from p54

Greg

Dear me, another horrible night behind the keyboard from some of our 'fans' I see.

Embarrassing.

?

Pretty self explanatory I would have thought.

didn't have access online during the game and not going back, assume there was some bedwetting going on?  surprised at that tbh as we performed pretty well on the whole and were shafted for the pen

Got back into town at 5.10am and I start work at 7am but it was worth it! Get in!

Hope your gaffer's sympathetic  :lol: Have a good day mate!

I hope my gaffers symathetic... I just stuck this on his laptop screen

;D

Was talking recently about why Brighton get so many penalties and we get so few. Opinion was there style of play put them in more situations where they are likely to win them. Well last night both visually and statistically that was not borne out.

Bizarre how many more they have been awarded.

Thankfully I had to watch the game on my phone app so I wasn't able to get on here. It was worrying after that first half, felt like it was going to be one of those nights where we get all the ball and all the chances but lose because of a shite ref call. Was one of the best games I've watched in forever, went against everything, coming from behind, BHA losing after going ahead, us winning after being a goal down at half time.

I'm just glad I didn't follow it on here because, though I can understand the fear, the negativity has been something else and the giving up after 15 minutes because we're a goal down is pathetic. Give your heads a shake and be glad Rafa and the rest of the team don't have your mental fortitude. I read back through it to see how the roller coaster panned out on here, wish I hadn't bothered.

Can we all have a bit of belief now, BHA are the second best team in the division, they've proven how good they are over almost an entire season and last night we beat them quite comfortably in the end. We are the best team in the division, with the best manager and the best players. How about a but of belief now.

Got back into town at 5.10am and I start work at 7am but it was worth it! Get in!

;D

He a seagull ?

If they have been and are still getting results, I don't suppose it matters that much, but Brighton aren't very good, are they?

They had conceded the fewest in the division, but their goalie gave it straight to Gouff, he challenged for the same ball with their center forward leading to a goal, and about three of them left Ayoze in acres for an easy pass for our winner. And that was the best defensive team in the league.

;D

He a seagull ?

Oh yes.... whilst claiming he'd take a draw yesterday (trying to be magnanimous), you could tell he was also very confident of them winning easily.

He's gonna get so much stick today, from us in here and various clients/contacts.

I was going to respond nor post as the thought of what could have happened last night wasn't good.

The scenario was :-

Lose 3-0,

4 points behind 1st.

H'field beat us, then play reading.

now in a dog fight for 2nd place.

Now,

2 points clear, 8 from 3rd.

H'field to play tonight - have to go to extra time.

Lads rest up, gayle comes back (prob. not).

Garner (h'field manager) is in the stands for the game.

Get a draw minimum,

and a draw a reading.

Will be happy.

Dear me, another horrible night behind the keyboard from some of our 'fans' I see.

Embarrassing.

?

didn't have access online during the game and not going back, assume there was some bedwetting going on?  surprised at that tbh as we performed pretty well on the whole and were shafted for the pen

That would be putting it mildly. You'd have thought we had a chance of being liquidated had we not won last night before it went 1-1.

Embarrassing.

?

That would be putting it mildly. You'd have thought we had a chance of being liquidated had we not won last night before it went 1-1.

[emoji38] Christ

It sort of feels like the reverse of the Premier League in terms of refereeing decisions in this league. In the Premier League the big teams do seem to get a lot more big decisions going their way. In this league we're undoubtedly the big fish and we seem to be on the wrong end of ALL the big decisions. It's like we're being singled out for special treatment in order to give the underdogs more of a chance.

Our away record this season:

Played 17 - won 12, drew 2, lost 3

:sweetjesus:

Of those three defeats, we were clearly robbed against Forest and should have had a pen, possibly two, against Fulham.

Canny win last night mind! :) Thought when the pen was given, and our missing a few chances that is was going to be 'one of those nights', but Murphy coming on changed the game. Fair play to Rafa for that. :)

Onwards and upwards. :)

Interested to see how Brighton react.

Pure hammerblow last night.

So true - that final Ritchie pass to Atsu, his great pass into the area and the decisive finish by Perez must have been like a stiletto to the heart of both team and fans....

I still reckon in terms of leadership and quality they are second only to us, so they will be fine. To beat them twice is great, but the manner in which we've done it is even more satisfying for me. They got an extremely fortunate penalty decision and from there we bossed them and were unlucky not to end the first half with a goal. Again I think they started the second half the strongest for the opening 5-10 minutes, but after that we sussed them again and dominated play. Our goal might have been extremely fortunate, but so was theirs and we'd played well enough to merit that luck and the win.

I think these types of wins are perhaps more telling of the quality indicator than some of the results we've had against the likes of Blackburn, Bristol City etc. because in this league, teams are going to want to come to us and frustrate us by sitting back, where we sometimes can lack the real directness and quality to open them up and put our chances away. In the Premiership teams are more likely to attack us, and that suits Rafa's gameplan better, I feel he'll enjoy being the underdog more than the favourite in all these games if we go up. Also thinking about it the vast majority of the goals we've conceded in the last 5 games are the result of individual howlers (or ridiculous refereeing decisions, taking into account this game) and not collectively as a team. Obviously this means we need to make improvements in the summer due to a lack of quality, but it's very promising that - as a unit- the team are performing extremely well defensively, despite some disappointing results.

We still have a lot of improvements to make in the squad department, but I'm sure Rafa will get the backing he wants and he already has a list drawn up of who he wants. Next season will be a rollercoaster, and it definitely won't be pretty, but I think we could possibly surprise a few people.

Good post but you're sure Rafa will get the backing that he wants? Really?

I agree - we will surprise A LOT of people if he does but, like you, I seriously doubt that he will.

It sort of feels like the reverse of the Premier League in terms of refereeing decisions in this league. In the Premier League the big teams do seem to get a lot more big decisions going their way. In this league we're undoubtedly the big fish and we seem to be on the wrong end of ALL the big decisions. It's like we're being singled out for special treatment in order to give the underdogs more of a chance.

If it's true the ref has strong Huddersfield connections you could totally understand he would be looking for a chance to give that pen. I don't think this was a case of putting one over the big team, it was just the standard conflict of interests. He should never have been officiating. We won anyway so fuck him and the FA.