Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Maybe he can get deals done for lesser amounts of money. Should think he's probably pretty intimidated by signing off on transfers in excess of £10,000,000.

Possibly. Although, he didn't seem to mind much in the summer we brought in McClaren.

Or, he knew we would sell Wijnaldum and Sissoko, therefore wasn't too fussed about the bank balance.

This summer is a different game, they actually have to spend money and not concentrate on profits.

Maybe he can get deals done for lesser amounts of money. Should think he's probably pretty intimidated by signing off on transfers in excess of £10,000,000.

Possibly. Although, he didn't seem to mind much in the summer we brought in McClaren.

We had T.V money then and hadn't spent much in yonks. You got more for your buck 2 seasons ago too.

Told my Norwich-supporting colleague we're after this guy, his response was "you bastards".

Says he's quick and skilful, and that we could do a lot worse than buy either of the Murphy twins. Reckons that for £10m we'd be getting a very good deal.

I live in Norwich and the general opinion of him here is he is definitely one to watch for the future. He's made good progress so far in his career but the real test will be in the Premier League.

Norwich fans seem to be gutted that he will go,he's definitely a stand out player in that team.

I would be very happy with signing him.

What position does his brother play and is he any good?

Get Charnley to hoy in a 11m + add ons bid for the twins.

Both wide forwards, both quick and good on the ball. Both reckoned to have bright futures. I didn't get too much from him as it was a brief conversation but he seemed gutted we might be signing Jacob.

I live in Norwich and the general opinion of him here is he is definitely one to watch for the future. He's made good progress so far in his career but the real test will be in the Premier League.

Norwich fans seem to be gutted that he will go,he's definitely a stand out player in that team.

Sounds similar to Aarons without the injury headaches. Obviously a lot further forward in his progress judging by the price tag.

Sounds similar to Aarons without the injury headaches. Obviously a lot further forward in his progress judging by the price tag.

His career path is nothing like that of Rolando Aarons.

Guest neesy111

When was the last time we signed a player without a prolonged period of stalking first?

It's ridiculous how slow we move on deals and no wonder we often get pipped by other clubs.

Last summer tbh.  Though I generally agree with this.

TRon once compared the career path of Lennox Lewis to Aarons. He's off his fucking nut.

TRon once compared the career path of Lennox Lewis to Aarons. He's off his fucking nut.

:lol: I agree.

This kid looks good on Youtube. Sign me up.

Expecting some sort of report tommorrow saying we've "cooled our interest' in him.  That's generally how our transfer links work.

That old classic will definitely be wheeled out some time.

If our interest 'cools' might it be because we have Ritchie and Atsu who both play better and the right and Murphy apparently also plays better on the right. Surely if a 'full fat' left winger of similar/better quality is biting we should pursue that. I want signings as much as anyone, but we don't want a situation like 2015-16 when it seemed like we had shedloads of players who preferred to play attacking midfield/no.10 and nowhere near enough cover/decent first choices for other midfield berths.

If our interest 'cools' might it be because we have Ritchie and Atsu who both play better and the right and Murphy apparently also plays better on the right. Surely if a 'full fat' left winger of similar/better quality is biting we should pursue that. I want signings as much as anyone, but we don't want a situation like 2015-16 when it seemed like we had shedloads of players who preferred to play attacking midfield/no.10 and nowhere near enough cover/decent first choices for other midfield berths.

Rafa wants this lad though, so, I do too.

Guest palnese

Ryder:

Newcastle United have submitted an increased offer for Norwich City winger Jacob Murphy.

The Magpies are understood to have upped their bid significantly to £10million with a series of instalments depending on first team appearances and other milestones.

As reported on Chroniclelive on Thursday evening, the Canaries are determined to dig their heels in and get what they see as the full value for the England Under-21 winger.