Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

52 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

It doesn't matter if he runs though, his decision making at the end of the run is catastrophic. He'd lose the ball doing something shit and we'd be on the back foot. Having him on the field is completely counter-productive

It does matter. All he needed to do is get the ball down the opposite end of the pitch for a few seconds. Even if he loses it in the final third/

2 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It feels like he's got a lot worse. He's never been great, obviously, but he'd show these flashes of ability or pace that made you think he might have *something*. This year, though, it's like he's barely able to pass a ball or do the most basic of things.

This.  Used to stick up for him a lot and thought he looked like a good option off the bench, at times.  

He has been absolutely rancid this season, though.  

Shame for him, what with him being an NUFC fan.  But it hasn't worked here and he needs to move on.  

I’ve had enough of seeing him in our colours now as well. Him and Wood last night were basically non existent. They will likely both start games this season and that’s worrying, it’s worrying we are having to bring them on from the bench.

10 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve had enough of seeing him in our colours now as well. Him and Wood last night were basically non existent. They will likely both start games this season and that’s worrying, it’s worrying we are having to bring them on from the bench.

Murphy in particular was worse than non existent yesterday in that he actively negatively contributed to the team. He had a couple of good opportunities to work a chance and each time he conceded possession in absolutely pathetic, submissive fashion.

4 minutes ago, greydos said:

Retaining him is the very definition of sandbagging. Quite why we want to slow our unstoppable March to football superiority I don’t know!

I think if anyone showed interest in him we'd sell but he's not very good so they aren't

He still has 5 years left on his contract so unless we pay it all off he'll be stuck here a while

17 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I think if anyone showed interest in him we'd sell but he's not very good so they aren't

He still has 5 years left on his contract so unless we pay it all off he'll be stuck here a while

I still think he could do a job for a championship club, preferably a small friendly type where there is less expectation. Seems the sort who doesn't thrive under pressure, but he does have pace and a decent strike when he's not shitting himself when the ball arrives at his feet.

I’d rather play Ritchie from the start than bring him on even for a minute, absolute waste of a squad place/number/shirt, abysmal.

Just now, Rafalove said:

He isn’t good enough. Not his fault though.

It is mate, it’s completely his fault. No one is telling him to do the wrong fucking thing every time he gets anywhere near the box. It’s 100% his fault.

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

It is mate, it’s completely his fault. No one is telling him to do the wrong fucking thing every time he gets anywhere near the box. It’s 100% his fault.

This. He gets payed so fucking much every week to be a football player. At least he could try to work on his decision making and his game in general. Honestly he has been here so long and nothing has changed. Boot him off the bench put on someone from the youth - they can not possibly do any worse.

Just now, kenlau88210 said:

I dont think he was that bad today? 

:thup: I mean, he had two moments where he looked like he could play in League 2. Unfortunately, the rest he looked his normal self, a sunday leaguer at best.