Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

It’s his final ball that’s his issue. Could be a lack of confidence, he seems a quiet lad which doesn’t help either. Coaching team have work to do with him. At some point he will move on. There’s definitely a decent player in there for top half Champ or bottom half PL side. He certainly needs a run of games somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Just had an absolutely fine 7/10 game where he was involved in a couple of goals…gaaaah I’m so angry.

Just watched the full replay on Peacock, he had a very decent game. Yes, a couple of moments where he stumbled on the ball, but generally did well, carried a few counter attacks, involved throughout. 

See, see, the stats say he's good so he must be. Let's not worry about the stats where he ran into his teammates in the box while trying to make the same run as them, where he's also top of the chart as Willock will attest to :p

I don't think anyone is saying he's become good or even good enough now. He had a canny game though, no idea why are we are not allowed to compliment his performance without an asterisk of 'he's shite'.

I guess I just disagree with the view that he had a good game. It was hard not to look at least average with the amount of time on the ball vs he 10 men of Fulham. I used to think Murphy was handy at the start of the season, but now I can't see past how limited he is, it's frustrating. FWIW I'd have liked us to have at least tried Targett in front of Burn on the left in Maxi's absence, as he's looked great with the ball at his feet in the final third.

Not sure why there's a need to highlight our own players and take a swing week in week out.

He's clearly a good lad doing his best (in multiple roles) but a championship level player  (in his best position).

He'll be lucky to make the bench this time next year but he's helped us get to 7th (should be higher) and he loves the club.

I don't think he's ever been shocking, nor ever played above a 7 at his best - I don't get it.

Better things to worry about.

24 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Not sure why there's a need to highlight our own players and take a swing week in week out.

He's clearly a good lad doing his best (in multiple roles) but a championship level player  (in his best position).

He'll be lucky to make the bench this time next year but he's helped us get to 7th (should be higher) and he loves the club.

I don't think he's ever been shocking, nor ever played above a 7 at his best - I don't get it.

Better things to worry about.

Aye hate the personal abuse of our players.

Criticism of their performances us valid without having to get nasty.

I used to think he was quite a useful player and would "come good". There are two ways of viewing it; the team has got much better and most of the players with it, so it shows more when the level drops and the other view is that he has not got better as many of the rest of the squad has.

He still gives his 100% which is a good 6 to 7 performance at best, so we should take that into consideration.

*Obviously, it would be a crime not to play Maxi instead of him if he is fit! But would feel kinda sorry for him if he was dropped after one of the better games he has played for us...

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

Aye hate the personal abuse of our players.

Criticism of their performances us valid without having to get nasty.

Our fans and this place in particular are bad for it. Sure it happens with other clubs too, but some of the nonsense spouted on here is beyond belief at times. Could forgive it if there was a lack of application or effort, but that’s evidently not the case for any of our lot right now.

I also can’t abide the steadfast refusal of some to accept a player who is not flavour of the month (Murphy, Willock, Wood etc) can ever contribute positively in any way whatsoever. Murphy played well on Saturday. Absolutely indisputable. I saw it with my own eyes. He had help because they were a man down, but what are you going to do? Lad did exactly what was asked of him and he did it well. And you’ve got certifiable cretins trying to dismiss reality lest they have to eat a tiny slice of humble pie online.

He does alright when he can just carry the ball then give an easy pass to someone else. That’s not really premier league football though. 

Pointless worrying about it too much though, all these players will be upgraded at some point soon. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I don’t rate him at all and would prefer for us to sell him as soon as there’s any interest but he’s clearly a good lad and has a good attitude. Hope he ends up having a decent career, he’d be quality in the championship 

4 hours ago, christ said:

Our fans and this place in particular are bad for it. Sure it happens with other clubs too, but some of the nonsense spouted on here is beyond belief at times. Could forgive it if there was a lack of application or effort, but that’s evidently not the case for any of our lot right now.

I also can’t abide the steadfast refusal of some to accept a player who is not flavour of the month (Murphy, Willock, Wood etc) can ever contribute positively in any way whatsoever. Murphy played well on Saturday. Absolutely indisputable. I saw it with my own eyes. He had help because they were a man down, but what are you going to do? Lad did exactly what was asked of him and he did it well. And you’ve got certifiable cretins trying to dismiss reality lest they have to eat a tiny slice of humble pie online.

So I had said  disagreed that he played well, so you call me a cretin? I guess name calling is what you resort to when you have a difference of opinion. At least have the balls to quote me directly.

4 hours ago, christ said:

I almost missed that complete lie of a first sentence, this forum is the most accomodating and mature online platform to discuss this club around. Compared to Twitter, Facebook, 606 or anywhere else, it's great. Don't spout mistruths to get cheap likes without expecting to be brought up on it.

This place is pretty dire a lot of the time though. People veer between between telling players to get in the bin if they have a bad match or get in their arsehole if they have a good one. Maybe the best of a bad bunch? Can't comment on that.

The matchthreads are as bipolar as the matchday crowd imo, people express frustration and joy in equal measure. The player threads tend to be a lot more considered, unless someone's really done well and had their player thread bumped during a match. Not sure I agree with bumping a player thread because he's having a mare, though. That said, there is no place for baseless personal abuse or insults by anyone, to anyone, including players. Excluding Mike Ashley, mind.

Edited by HawK