Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

He’s had a lot of backing like, when you consider his performances, just don’t think he’s ever looked a premier league player (apart from thinking his pace and youth might turn him into one a few years back) but he’s gone backwards in the last 12 months

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Some prick sat next to me today screaming fuck off and get off the pitch when he came over to clap the fans, absolutely no need for that.

some off here would do the same if they got tickets.

On 03/09/2022 at 18:53, SUPERTOON said:

Some prick sat next to me today screaming fuck off and get off the pitch when he came over to clap the fans, absolutely no need for that.

Stupid bastards.

On 03/09/2022 at 22:08, gbandit said:

He’s had a lot of backing like, when you consider his performances, just don’t think he’s ever looked a premier league player (apart from thinking his pace and youth might turn him into one a few years back) but he’s gone backwards in the last 12 months

You're mostly right, he's a championship player, but while he's a Newcastle player he deserves as much support as every other player.

I say that and I know I've been harsh on the lad. But I'm always willing him to do well.

Expressing frustrations in the match thread is all perfectly understandable, but bumping their thread just to call them a cunt is a bit obsessive.

36 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

I had a friend who always used to boo dyer. Wasnt comfortable with that even if he deserved it sometimes. 

Booing Dyer is one thing, since he was apparently an arrogant so and so, but abusing a lad who is coming over to clap the fans is different level of pond life behaviour.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost nothing he tried came off. And still a tonne of completely unforced errors when making basic passes or trying to control the ball. And that was the easiest game he'll ever play in.

We know what he is at this point. Not gonna change. 

13 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

For all his running he still can't do the right thing at the end, was very useful today and Mbabu was having a hard time dealing with him.

I think this is it.  If you look at the stats, he carried the ball to a strong standard, but his passing was way below standard.  It is really harsh, but I'd rather he wasn't playing for us.  I guess he's doing as good a job as we can expect from him, so fair play.

Yeah I thought he played well and always looked threatening with the caveat that we played a team with 10 men for 80 odd minutes

Hoping he can use it as confidence to play better in the future

Played well yesterday, one point we had a 5 on 3 I think and he decided to shoot from outside the box which was a real poor decision. 

My Norwich mates said he was just a championship player right back when we signed him and it's spot on. Even as an impact sub I don't think he's that effective. 

I like him and wished he had made it here but with the likes of Anderson breaking through we really need to move him on. 

I know we played against 10 men pretty much for the whole game but still he was quite decent yesterday. Bruno sprayed lots of long balls to him and he showed good ball control and was eager to take on Mbabu and tried to create sth. Worked quite well with Willock yesterday.

I thought he was good. He's a transition player really. Carries the ball really well. 

More than twice as many progressive carries as anyone else on the pitch with 19. For context Bruno was next with 8 and Almiron 3rd with 4. That's really valuable work that ASM usually does. 

He also had 10 carries into the opposition 18 yard box. From the rest of our team, only Fraser and Anderson managed 1 of these each. 

Edited by Smal