Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Agreed overall, but I am thinking of the player threads with a lot of it though. To be fair, I don't remember it being as bad for a weeks now for whatever reason.

Like with your Mike Ashley exception, I don't mind people being insulting or abusive often times, but when it's the whole bin/sea thing for players who are blatantly doing their best it's pathetic. There's a certain sort of person who obviously gets glee from it. They don't even have a go at the shit ones, they like to target the innocuous.

Edited by 80

Yeah I can't stand for that either, heat of the moment in a matchday thread, fine, I won't condone it but I'll not reply. But when it becomes calculated that's where I disapprove.

I like your 'certain sort of person' phrase, sounds familiar :lol:

On 01/10/2022 at 16:34, HawK said:

I think it takes a certain type of person at 70 minutes into 4-0 lead away in a match thread, watching a stream at home on their computer, to start picking apart players for poor performances.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can be canny pessemistic and miserable at times, but the match day threads make me feel like Patch Adams by comparison. Just relentless moaning over nowt. 

Watched the first half at Wolves in a pub, had a look at half time and couldn't believe what I was reading. "We demand a club that tries" didn't last that long for some folk.

2 hours ago, HawK said:

I almost missed that complete lie of a first sentence, this forum is the most accomodating and mature online platform to discuss this club around. Compared to Twitter, Facebook, 606 or anywhere else, it's great. Don't spout mistruths to get cheap likes without expecting to be brought up on it.

Wrong. It’s full of tarts who are constantly on the verge of a leppy fit. Zero perspective. You had people practically self-harming in the Fulham thread when the team was announced. Maddening stuff from a fanbase who were holding up banners saying “we don’t demand a team that wins” a few years ago.

1 hour ago, christ said:

Wrong. It’s full of tarts who are constantly on the verge of a leppy fit. Zero perspective. You had people practically self-harming in the Fulham thread when the team was announced. Maddening stuff from a fanbase who were holding up banners saying “we don’t demand a team that wins” a few years ago.

So in your opinion this place is worse than Twitter, Facebook 606 etc.? Wow. Ok, big agree to disagree moment there.

Seems a decent enough lad and tries when he’s called on but not up to a prem first 11 standard. I’m sure he can still finish off his career at a top half championship club and do very well when he leaves. 

10 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can be canny pessemistic and miserable at times, but the match day threads make me feel like Patch Adams by comparison. Just relentless moaning over nowt. 

S’alreet ASM is back soon. 

15 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I’ve had to stop reading them if I can’t watch the game in favour of twitter updates which is a shame. 

Each to their own on how they watch football but there’s a few match day posters that just churn out a relentless stream of negativity about every slow pass or bad play. It started making the poor results feel even worse after 90 mins of scrolling through. 

Well done to him for showing some improvement. He's still miles below the standard we require, but if he keeps on improving, he might become a useful squad player, at least until we've had enough windows to add depth.

As I've said before, seems like a top lad, so glad to see him progressing, and ultimately, it might see a move to a club at his level where he won't look quite so out of place on the pitch.

Who was that slightly harder tackling right back we had around the time we had Aaron Hughes? Murphy’s basically like him. He’ll give his all and with limited parameters and instructions a few games a season he’s okay. Problem is you can more easily accept a plodding trier in defence than attack. 

I mean ... I don't even know what to say about this guy's last couple of games, because I can hardly believe how useful he's been.

Has always had some really decent attributes, but can just be so all over the place, and out of nowhere he's just come in and kind of pulled it all together and been quite consistent the last two outings.

Howe is something else man.