Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Still remember his assist for Rondon away to Huddersfield. Twas a lovely goal.

What about that cross for Wilson's goal for that first game at St James after the takeover?

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just seen the build up to the free-kick again. Didn’t just sit back and admire himself winning the ball back, he got on his bike and got us to the edge of their box. Brilliant play.

Provided an option for the ball and made the run for that FK when others would have been content just sitting back.

Guest Biggsbond14
6 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He can play both full back positions so he's definitely worth keeping for the foreseeable 

It's Krafth we need to bin off regardless of what division we are in and then sign a left back 

Not sure a lb is so urgent when better players helping Lewis would be a a advantage and he is still young 

4 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

Not sure a lb is so urgent when better players helping Lewis would be a a advantage and he is still young 

I wouldn't have it as a priority over a CB, CM and an attacker but an LB that offers a consistent threat going forward would help massively

50 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Looked like a prime Ashley Cole on the bits I saw. 

Reminded me of a young Andy Ashley Cole…

Edited by HTT II

Forgot to do this Saturday, Manq was superb when he came on. He won every tackle, used the ball well and won the free kick for the winner. A very very good cameo, which should get him start for the next game at left back, he couldn't do any more to earn the place.

Guest reefatoon

His performance definitely puts any urgency of signing a left back off until the summer now. Think we can concentrate on areas much more needed, and look at LB in the summer.

On 23/01/2022 at 14:31, Happinesstan said:

That reminds me of a young Cheryl Cole.

Anyone remember the match where she was the half time hero? Shed opted to wear knee length stiletto boots meaning she sank into the turf. Her walk / waddle to the centre circle was like a cross between John Wayne and Tina Turner 

17 minutes ago, Detritus Bramble said:

Anyone remember the match where she was the half time hero? Shed opted to wear knee length stiletto boots meaning she sank into the turf. Her walk / waddle to the centre circle was like a cross between John Wayne and Tina Turner 

No doubt an evening of helping Ashley Cole, allegedly, try and retrieve his phone from one of his many orifices probably didn't help her with sensible shoe choices.

22 minutes ago, Detritus Bramble said:

Well that's a thought, would love to have seen her go out there in wellies.

He really has been a snip. If you look at the early pages in this thread, many echo my thoughts at the time. Feedback from mackems wasn't great either, but he's been absolutely fine - really good at times.

The fact he's comfortable at both RB & LB is invaluable too.