Mikel Merino

Disco

Pretty sure when Aarons got the ball under control and laid it off it was Merino who'd made the run up the pitch to support him as well. Box to box!

Yeah it was, good signs.

Pretty sure when Aarons got the ball under control and laid it off it was Merino who'd made the run up the pitch to support him as well. Box to box!

Yeah it was, good signs.

If Aarons was on the left when he took that pass, think it would have led to a good chance, Aarons really didn't know what to do on the right. Fabulous play all round by Merino, he broke up possession initially, raked a perfect ball 40 or 50 yards and then was first man up to support.

Speaks incredibly well. Heard it on total sport.

Of course Ando gave it his usual, "it was only one game and one pass... He's not premiership ready."

These cunts would probably prefer Colback.

Just start him next Sunday imo. Give him 60+ minutes from the go and let him get a taste of a packed home crowd roaring the team on.

Rafa won't, he's ultra cautious and will want to ease him in.

Don't think Rafa will start Murphy and Merino against Spurs either, since they are young lads without Premier League experience against tough opposition. Will likely be Atsu and Ritchie on the wings and Hayden, Shelvey and Diame/Colback :anguish: in midfield.

Don't think Rafa will start Murphy and Merino against Spurs either, since they are young lads without Premier League experience against tough opposition. Will likely be Atsu and Ritchie on the wings and Hayden, Shelvey and Diame/Colback :anguish: in midfield.

We're not suddenly going to play Hayden, Shelvey and Colback all together I don't think

A bit excited about this lad for some reason. Will be very interesting to see how it'll work out but my gut feeling is that he'll do well. Seems like a really nice guy. Confident and calm but at the same time humble. Speaks really well in the couple of interviews I've seen. Just turned 21 right? Seems mature and intelligent for his age, and hopefully he'll be the same on the pitch. Love a Spanish player with good touch and vision.

I hope that he starts against Verona. Might not, but we'll see.

Imagine the feelings on here if it turns out that Colback hacks him down in training with a late challenge which keeps him out for 4 months :lol:

And this before the young lad has even played a game for us. If he performs on a good level I can see him become a favourite. Don't wanna expect too much from him (which I'm probably doing already :lol: ), llet's see what he can do.

Imagine the feelings on here if it turns out that Colback hacks him down in training with a late challenge which keeps him out for 4 months :lol:

And this before the young lad has even played a game for us. If he performs on a good level I can see him become a favourite. Don't wanna expect too much from him (which I'm probably doing already :lol: ), llet's see what he can do.

Why even say that, man? :lol:

Why even say that, man? :lol:

If this actually happens, someone send Rivière round to poke Ikon in the eye.

With his cock.

:huff:

• 2 weeks later...

Think Merino will be first choice eventually, it's his fitness Rafa said he needed to work on so we'll see. Will see. Reminds me of Arteta from his cameo. One thing is though he seemed like he was flailing his arms around trying to tug players a lot. Think may have been a bit of nerves, not wanting to be the one to let a player past him in unfamiliar league and worsen the game.