Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

I can definitely see why Stoke fans didn't want to see him go, like. His aerial presence and hold up play looks very good.

I thought that was even more noticeable when he went off and Gayle came on. We didn't really have a focal point and it gave Swansea a lot of the ball. I'm not doing Gayle down with that, he isn't that type of forward, but you can see why Rafa will likely pick Joselu in this league.

He did well and the sub with Gayle was ok and nearly paid off. Atsu had 2 chances on the counter to find Gayle who with his pace would have been clear.

Joselu is rightly our first choice.

Guest reefatoon

Even though he was tiring before he went off, the game changed when he did. We lost that hold up play. Really impressed with his game so far.

Even though he was tiring before he went off, the game changed when he did. We lost that hold up play. Really impressed with his game so far.

Thought it was the right decision to bring on Gayle but not for Joselu. He should have come on for Ayoze to run at their defence as they pushed for an equalizer, with Joselu taking up the number 10 spot to try and hold it up for us.

Really starting to like this lad.  He's played the classic Centre-Forward role perfectly so far.  I'm quite baffled that he hasn't scored a lot more goals in his career as he seems to be clever when it comes to finding space and times his runs well to get on the end of crosses.  I hope he can stay fit and keep it up cos he could be massive for us this season.

Looks to be a good all rounder - works hard, good touch and link-up play, can hold the ball up well, good in the air yet still mobile enough to get on the end of things in the box. Very impressed so far, hope he can keep it up.

Been so long since we had someone capable of receiving the ball, holding it up, and linking with other players. Hallelujah! Lovely signing this was. So happy about it. Looks a classy forward. Think he'll only get better and better.

My goodness ... Cisse in particular annoyed me so much with his hold up and link up play. Really has adversely affected for a long time now in the prem.