Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

If we plan on playing Gayle in this league, he needs Joselu or Mitro starting with him to provide the lay offs and hold the ball up for him. Without one of them, he'll be very ineffective.

How about just start Mitro or Joselu and bench Gayle?

With Shelvey out, and Gayle not really in top shape, it makes more sense to have some kind of target up front to help us away from home.

I was saying this after 10mins. Unless we hit them on the counter attack or a set piece there was no way we were going to play through them. I think most Championship teams could defend against Perez and Gayle if we are just going to lump it up to them. Joselu's first touch retained the ball in the middle of the park and his second touched teed up a team mate on the edge of the box from the same attack. At least Rafa recognised this as he made the substitution immediately after they scored, unfortunately I think with the squad that we have that's what our tactics will probably be for most away games. Keep it tight first half and hopefully sneak a winner in the second half when the game opens up a bit more.

He's everything Mitro should be in regards to hold up and link up play but he never looked convincing at taking any of the half chances that came his way.

What half chances? He tried a couple of speculative shots or headers from distance, but they would have been wonder goals if they went in.

Shame it's no longer acceptable to play two big strikers up top. Big freak in me would love to see Joselu-Mitrovic in a Shearer-Ferguson style combination with Murphy on one wing and Ritchie a poor man's Solano on the other just having a go.

It's not that it's not acceptable, it's just none of them are good enough to demand it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Gave us a presence, but doesn't look like an instinctive forward RE penalty box. Only one cameo appearance I know, but this signing epitomises our recruitment in that department. We need a top class goalscorer to give us a chance of staying up because we cannot simply rely on Gayle. I like his movement mind, an upgrade on Mitro in that respect.   

Gave us a presence, but doesn't look like an instinctive forward RE penalty box. Only one cameo appearance I know, but this signing epitomises our recruitment in that department. We need a top class goalscorer to give us a chance of staying up because we cannot simply rely on Gayle. I like his movement mind, an upgrade on Mitro in that respect.   

What? You mean he actually moved?

Sounds like he worked his socks off today?

Gets about the pitch well and the ball sticks with him, which made a huge difference.

Ran out of gas after an hour,  will take a few games to get him up to fitness.