Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Wolves are fucking minging club. Like a tramp winning the Postcode Lottery.

Mendes is running the top Champo clubs like - got his nose into Forest this summer.

Don't be bitchy.

It's not very becoming of a man.

Think they might be doing too much too soon.

It will end up all disjointed and clumsy, and all the new guys will be considered mercenaries that don't work hard enough by the fans.

Think they might be doing too much too soon.

It will end up all disjointed and clumsy, and all the new guys will be considered mercenaries that don't work hard enough by the fans.

This.

He doesn't need it. We'll do better than them next season anyway.

And this :thup:

Guest neesy111

Payet has apparently been offered back to West Ham :lol:

Dodgy shit going on if that happens.

Too much too soon, is.... three players? Hudds signed 8 last season,  Brighton signed 11 last season. As for the fans, I mean that's pure speculation isn't? Neves was the best player in the champ last season

It's all speculation my man. It's just my prediction that Wolves won't be as good as what people think. Smooth sailing for them last season, it's all about character now as they move in unchartered waters. It seems naive to believe big name signings + winning the championship = premier league survival/success. This league is about having big characters and that much remains to be seen.

Ask me again when Wolves hit their inevitable rough patch this coming season - seeing how they react to that will be telling.

Looks like we're selling Paulinho back to China for €50m. A profit!

He's beat expectations and done well for us, but we should sell him while we can, particularly at that price.

Is Valverde going to try and make the play more expansive next season?

Too much too soon, is.... three players? Hudds signed 8 last season,  Brighton signed 11 last season. As for the fans, I mean that's pure speculation isn't? Neves was the best player in the champ last season

It's all speculation my man. It's just my prediction that Wolves won't be as good as what people think. Smooth sailing for them last season, it's all about character now as they move in unchartered waters. It seems naive to believe big name signings + winning the championship = premier league survival/success. This league is about having big characters and that much remains to be seen.

Ask me again when Wolves hit their inevitable rough patch this coming season - seeing how they react to that will be telling.

Sure, but I mean to label three signings as "too much" is crazy. One is a keeper for a start, and they had Ruddy in goal. Yeah but you're changing the goal posts, you only said the other day that they didn't have any PL level players so they'd struggle, now you're saying if they sign big players they'll struggle. It doesn't make any sense. I saw them a fair bit last season, and saw a live game, and I can tell you they are extremely well organized, and tactially very very good. Boly was one of the bet CB's I've seen, extremely dominant.

People were saying this exact same thing last season, "no way these players can do it in the championship/you need champ experience" and it was as bollocks then as it is now. I personally think it shows plenty of "character" to win the championship with a grueling schedule and to stay on the top.

Of course every team hits a rough patch, but all I've ever said is they won't be in relegation trouble.

Fair enough man. Although I didn't necessarily say they don't have any PL players mind, I said they have no experience in the league throughout the playing staff & coaching staff. I can't help but see that as a big looming question mark over them, maybe I'm wrong for thinking that, idk, it just feels an important factor many aren't considering 'cause they were so dominant in the Championship. I don't doubt some of their players are of PL quality, but I think at some point next season they will find themselves, as a group, in a bit of mess with pressure building, big names & the confidence built from last season can shrink quite rapidly in those circumstances. It will be interesting to see how they respond.

We'll have to just see what happens, you might be right but equally I might be too. My thoughts are that they'll be closer to a relegation scrap than certain safety.

Feels like most who think Wolves will fail are speaking from a place of wanting it to happen than actually believing in it.

Not sure if aimed at me, but that's not the case. I have no horse in this race. I just heard many people predicting lofty finishes for them, top half even and I just think it's a bit premature before seeing how they respond to the step up. I have no problem with Wolves surviving as long as we're above them  :)

I understand my lengthy engagement with Mandoon and a few others in this thread may make it seem like I'm invested in Wolves not doing well this season but it couldn't be further from the truth.

Aimed at anyone who thinks they will fail tbh, you included.

I thought they'd do well before the signings, we finished 10th and spent at least 3-4 months playing like crap.

The bottom half has been will probably continue to be very bad.