Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Messi would make manu relevant again. No other player in the world can do that bar cronaldo, even then it’s old ground and wouldn’t have the same impact.

Send greenwood on loan for a couple of seasons and play messi and enjoy the once in a lifetime talent. Greenwood will benefit from playing every game.

Whoever Messi goes to will be enough to either make them title challengers or winners. If citeh get him Liverpool are going to need to go unbeaten.

Greenwood is one of their best players sending him out on loan would be stupid ?

Keeping him on the bench would be stupid. If manu signed Messi that’s where he’d be simply down to his age. Rashford &  martial would be ahead of him.

Send him here, just what we need (not what he needs though, poor bugger)

I think Froggy could've worded it a bit better, like saying Sancho could be a better signing for the club going forward :lol:

If he HAS to go somewhere, I suppose I'd prefer Man City. But ideally he'd finish his career at Barcelona.

Don’t have to give him a long contract he’ll still be a good player in two years.

:lol: Not how football works. If and when Messi moves to a new club it'll be a long term, huge contract.

Huge? Yes. Long? Why? Messi himself knows he’s edging towards the end of his career and will likely want to go back to Argentina.

Don’t have to give him a long contract he’ll still be a good player in two years.

:lol: Not how football works. If and when Messi moves to a new club it'll be a long term, huge contract.

Huge? Yes. Long? Why? Messi himself knows he’s edging towards the end of his careerand will likely want to go back to Argentina.

Exactly. This will be his last major contract.

Who tf in that Man Utd team have managed to negotiate a top earner clause? :lol:

Anyone turning their nose up at the chance of having Messi in their team for a couple of seasons (except if the cost of having him is to ruin the club financially) is crazy.

It doesn't matter whether there is a top earner clause or not. Messi is deserving of the million per week he gets with his goals and assists and the exposure he brings. Atleast for a season or two. Problem is there will be an inflation effect on other contract negotiations. Players like Pogba, Greenwood, Rashford or Salah, Mane, Van Dijk (if he moves to LFC) will be able to squeeze or demand at least 50-150K per week extra based on Messi's contract. I don't know the details but I am betting Sanchez's contract has an influence on De Gea's new wages.

You cannot pay Messi million per week and keep the next tier of stars at 150K per week. I mean it might be justified but in reality it does not work like that. Salah, Mane, Pogba will start demanding 400-500K per week.

The wage inflation might reach a level where even winning a CL or two or premier league titles might not justify the outlay for clubs that spend only from what they generate.

Who tf in that Man Utd team have managed to negotiate a top earner clause? :lol:

Anyone turning their nose up at the chance of having Messi in their team for a couple of seasons (except if the cost of having him is to ruin the club financially) is crazy.

It doesn't matter whether there is a top earner clause or not. Messi is deserving of the million per week he gets with his goals and assists and the exposure he brings. Atleast for a season or two. Problem is there will be an inflation effect on other contract negotiations. Players like Pogba, Greenwood, Rashford or Salah, Mane, Van Dijk (if he moves to LFC) will be able to squeeze or demand at least 50-150K per week extra based on Messi's contract. I don't know the details but I am betting Sanchez's contract has an influence on De Gea's new wages.

You cannot pay Messi million per week and keep the next tier of stars at 150K per week. I mean it might be justified but in reality it does not work like that. Salah, Mane, Pogba will start demanding 400-500K per week.

The wage inflation might reach a level where even winning a CL or two or premier league titles might not justify the outlay for clubs that spend only from what they generate.

You'd imagine creative accounting could mitigate that to some degree. Image rights, bonuses and whatever else to bump it up but keeping the basic down as much as possible.