Other clubs' transfers

Greg

41 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Agree with you on West Ham, but they’ve been at that level for a little while now so that’s no surprise. I’ve heard a couple of people try to rein in your expectations and that’s fair, but I think last season showed you have a manager who can help you bridge that gap pretty quickly. Botman alone is a step closer. I don’t think you’ll maintain Top 3/4 form like the second half of last year - the circumstances conspired to help that along somewhat - but I certainly see you in the mix for top six. Home games will be massive for you.

Now for Spurs. There’s a couple of key points I think. First, did you just forget Bissouma? They definitely need a RWB but if they get Spence (as seems likely) that looks like enough. If Richarlison comes then really all they need is one or two CBs to be a real force - as you suggest - and it’s obvious that’s where their money is going to be spent as they’ve been trying for Bastoni, Bremer etc.

Secondly - do Spurs need Richarlison? I’ve seen a few people say “where does he fit in with Son, Kane, Kulu” or words to that effect. That’s not seeing the wood for the trees, surely? The whole point of Richarlison would be that you could play him instead of any one of those three and see less of a drop off than with most “back-up” players. Spurs will expect to play a million games next season, with an entire World Cup in the middle. You’re going to need every last bit of your squad. Then you factor in the change to five subs. That has the potential to fundamentally change the game - at least in the second half - even when every player is fit. Right now, one injury to Son or Kane and you’re looking at Bergwijn or Moura. Ajax heroics aside, Conte’s no fool, he knows he needs more.

I totally forgot about Bissouma. Good signing.

I'm still in the mindset that a £50m player should be a star player for Spurs or at least guaranteed starter. But if you've got £50m for a back-up forward - then cool. As you say - you're linked with players in the right positions anyway so it looks like you will continue to invest. With a happy Conte - Spurs will easily finish top 4 and have a genuine chance of winning the league. Conte's already clocked one 90 point season in the PL. If he can do that again, Spurs can win the league.

Also Spurs do need to start planning for a post-Kane world. I don't think he'll re-sign, especially if Klopp/Pep are around and interested or Madrid/Bayern/PSG are also interested. If a team is willing to drop £80m for Kane next summer, Spurs in the CL, Conte happy enough - I can see him selling. I'm just not sure a team will come in for Kane at that price given his injury issues and lack of mobility already. He's already less mobile than Benzema who is turning 35 this year.

Ashley and purples are still strong at N-O’s minds. As @leffe186 said, Richarlison is perfect for Spurs as he can play in any forward position and they’ll be playing tons of games and then there’s the World Cup. And he’s class, should be starting ahead of Kulusevski in big games.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think Kane’s missed his chance for a mega move, he probably doesn’t mind though. 

A free-agent Harry Kane has his pick of clubs.

I genuinely see Real, Barcelona, Bayern etc. as genuine options in 2 years.

He'll have a Henik Larsson like end to his career at European giants - especially if he doesn't price himself out of moves.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

Ashley and purples are still strong at N-O’s minds. As @leffe186 said, Richarlison is perfect for Spurs as he can play in any forward position and they’ll be playing tons of games and then there’s the World Cup. And he’s class, should be starting ahead of Kulusevski in big games.

Disagree with the bolded but the rest is true.

There was talk of West Ham rewarding Bowen will a new deal to try and tie him there on a long term deal, but if he has any sense he'll wait and see what happens with Declan RIce and any summer signings they make. Any deal for Danjuma will likely affect at least those two.

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

Agree with all of this apart from I don’t know about him starting ahead of Kulu. Think it’ll be very interesting to see how they both fare next season, I can’t figure out how they’re going to line up but Richarlison will add so much to them given how quickly they break and cut through sides 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Agree with all of this apart from I don’t know about him starting ahead of Kulu. Think it’ll be very interesting to see how they both fare next season, I can’t figure out how they’re going to line up but Richarlison will add so much to them given how quickly they break and cut through sides 

I can see it being a 3-4-3 with Kane dropping behind Son and one of the two. They needed depth given that Bergwijn has been disappointing and Lucas is an average player. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Raphinha still lusting for Barca is seems.

His agent is Deco. THE Deco. From the initial interest earlier in the year, I can see Raph's head only being in that direction. Imagine ending up at Arsenal when you thought you were Barca bound. Can imagine Deco's spoken at length to him about his time in Barcelona.

Feels like this transfer window could be the start of a new "Era" in the Premier League, post COVID everyone starting to spend again, there is so much business going on from pretty much all clubs, that the landscape of the league come the start of the season will be completely different to that at the start. Can't remember a window quite like this one.