Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Just now, Scotty66 said:

How the fuck have Chelsea got all this money under ffp? When was the last big sale they made? 

Might have something to do with all their debts being written off as a condition of the sale….

Abraham and Zouma were the last biggish sales I guess, last year at around 35m each? 

12 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

How the fuck have Chelsea got all this money under ffp? When was the last big sale they made? 

Hazard in 19/20 was the last HUGE sale, for £110m or whatever it was, btw.

Just seems mental especially considering the lukaku signing last season, but yeah I forgot about the debt getting wiped in the sale. Jammy fuckers. That's the second time they've been given a full clean plate of money. 

Hazard leaving seems so long ago now. 

46 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

5 ft 9 CB in the PL. Don't think I've ever seen that. Will be interesting one.

Not entirely sure that's where he's going to be playing. I can see him being deployed as a CDM. 

Maguire and Varane are going to start and he's not going to play 5 at the back. 

2 hours ago, UpTheToon said:

The debt being wiped shouldn’t impact FFP at all? That historic debt has no bearing on the club not being able to lose whatever it is (100m?) over three years. 

That's correct

FFP or whatever it's called looks at the previous 3 years

Would be interesting to see how they stack up though, not really had a big sale in a while but have spent big and are doing so again 

9 hours ago, UpTheToon said:

The debt being wiped shouldn’t impact FFP at all? That historic debt has no bearing on the club not being able to lose whatever it is (100m?) over three years. 

6 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

That's correct

FFP or whatever it's called looks at the previous 3 years

Would be interesting to see how they stack up though, not really had a big sale in a while but have spent big and are doing so again 

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2021/11/how-much-chelsea-is-allowed-to-spend-in-the-january-transfer-window-ffp-rules/amp/

this says that Chelsea could have spent £241m in the last window under FFP regulations. (I don’t think they spent anything?). 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Manchester United's Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, has received an offer of 300m euros (£254m) to play for two seasons for a club in Saudi Arabia. (TVI and CNN Portuguesa, via AS - in Spanish)

:lol: incredible if true

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I feel like Moyes-ball needs a link man uptop. Is that Scamacca?

Youtubed: Yes - he seems excellent at it in terms of little flicks to team mates

Think he would be brilliant for them 

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Youtubed: Yes - he seems excellent at it in terms of little flicks to team mates

Might get it by 2030, after reading about deferred payments in baseball! 

20 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What happened with Moyes and Haller exactly, because I would have thought he had that with Haller and he binned him off.