Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Would take Cesc for a season.  

Of course you fucking would :lol:

We need to make sure you never get anywhere near anything to do with recruitment at Newcastle!

Left to you we would have signed Zaha, Pogba and Cesc Fabregas this summer. Goodness sake man :lol:

30 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Man, I couldn't deal with being stuck at 4th choice for Man City and barely playing, knowing I'd be good enough to start games at Chelsea. Tough spot for him. Likely going to cost him a World Cup place.

Just now, KaKa said:

Of course you fucking would :lol:

We need to make sure you never get anywhere near anything to do with recruitment at Newcastle!

Left to you we would have signed Zaha, Pogba and Cesc Fabregas this summer. Goodness sake man :lol:

Pogba wouldn't come. Zaha would be a great signing to get us into the top 6/8. Better shout than a lot of the wide players we are linked with.

I think Cesc would be great to have around the dressing room. Wouldn't expect him to play much. But we've got loads of filler CM's already. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Pogba wouldn't come. Zaha would be a great signing to get us into the top 6/8. Better shout than a lot of the wide players we are linked with.

I think Cesc would be great to have around the dressing room. Wouldn't expect him to play much. But we've got loads of filler CM's already. 

Man, I just can't believe you would even want to bring any of those to the club man :lol:

Cesc to have around the dressing room ... come on man. Stop it.

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man, I just can't believe you would even want to bring any of those to the club man :lol:

Cesc to have around the dressing room ... come on man. Stop it.

Zaha and Pogba are levels above what we have.

If we signed both - we would be serious contenders for top 6.

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man, I couldn't deal with being stuck at 4th choice for Man City and barely playing, knowing I'd be good enough to start games at Chelsea. Tough spot for him. Likely going to cost him a World Cup place.

Ake plays for Man City quite a lot more than you would think and will likely play more with the 5 subs rule coming in. He played 27 times last season and the majority were full matches. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Ake plays for Man City quite a lot more than you would expect and will likely play more with the 5 subs rule coming in. He played 27 times last season and the majority were full matches. 

Yeah, this is just what things are going to look like for the top teams. This year in particular with the wanky World Cup, but there’s a decent chance the 5-sub rule will be a really significant change. It’s just not physically possible for a hardcore of 15 or so players to maintain a challenge on multiple fronts.

There’s only so many Albuterol prescriptions to go round.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Zaha and Pogba are levels above what we have.

If we signed both - we would be serious contenders for top 6.

The fact you actually think it would be worth forking out significant money on a fee for Zaha and wages for Pogba, to sign these two under acheivers, who are both heading into their thirties is actually terrifying.

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ake plays for Man City quite a lot more than you would think and will likely play more with the 5 subs rule coming in. He played 27 times last season and the majority were full matches. 

I hear you, but I was just saying for me if I had that talent, and knowing I was good enough to be a main guy at Chelsea, and most other teams really, I'd not be happy with that. He knew what the situation was going over there though, so he has to live with it.

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

The fact you actually think it would be worth forking out significant money on a fee for Zaha and wages for Pogba, to sign these two under acheivers, who are both heading into their thirties is actually terrifying.

I've more faith in paying more now for quality, than making incremental improvements that don't move us up the league.

I'm not a scout but I rather we go for our primary targets that can really take us up the league (Diaby, Paqueta, Isak etc. whoever we think that is). Than going for 4th and 5th choices that end up like Leon Bailey or Nicolas Pepe.

I wouldn't go for Pogba due to his injuries. But Zaha could be a great transitionary player for us. If we sign a winger at his level - we'll be close to European football ifn ot there.

3 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

How's Chancel Mbemba ended up a free agent? Just running contract down? Thought he was class.

Didn't they terminate his contract as they didn't believe his age

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

that end up like Leon Bailey

Wasn't he just constantly injured and way too early to write off? Looking at Bailey's and Diaby's stats in the same team in 20/21, Bailey had 9+9 and Diaby 4+12 in Bundesliga. Bailey (0.54) also ahead in non-penalty xG+xA per 90 minutes against Diaby (0.46). 

Just seems weird when you think Diaby could get us up the league while slagging off signings like Bailey.