Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

Froggy you are signing hell of a player, and motivation day in day out is probably what he needs and will get. He could potentially transform your side and I don't mind the money as he's arguably the best in the world at that position and it's a position of need for you. He's built like a brick of wall and some days no one gets past him.

That being said, you look at your club and you look at Arsenal and there's a stark contrast in both clubs dealings. Arsenal seems to have a plan, you lot don't. Cristiano and Casemiro will probably be your two best players on paper, but they're rougly 200 years old together. The young players seem lost. McTominay is absolute shambles, Wan Bissaka that was highly rated is lost, Rashford seems almost done with football already, Sancho has been very poor for a majority (even if he's the one of your players I do believe could still have a very good season), Dalot won't become a great RB and Elanga is extremely raw still. 

I agree with your no plan theory, if you look at their existing squad they are crying out for a back three with either Varne or Martinez sweeping.

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

The Real Madrid guy I follow on Twitter says he wont be replaced as they have 6 players currently to play his position.

Kroos. Modric. Valverde. Touch. Cama. That lad that had 2 years at Arsenal

Valverde is first choice RW. The Arsenal lad isn't good enough. SO that's 4 for 3 positions.

Bernardo Silva gives them another option at RW and CM.

8 minutes ago, andyman said:

At the moment, Casemiro is a fantastic signing by Manchester United. Is he expensive? Yes. Will he be extremely helpful in the middle of the park? Yes.

It smells of us signing Nicky Butt.  Looks ideal immediately, but wont help long term

Just now, gjohnson said:

It smells of us signing Nicky Butt.  Looks ideal immediately, but wont help long term

I get your point, but :lol: quite funny to see Nicky Butt and Casemiro in the same sentence.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Kroos. Modric. Valverde. Touch. Cama. That lad that had 2 years at Arsenal

Valverde is first choice RW. The Arsenal lad isn't good enough. SO that's 4 for 3 positions.

Bernardo Silva gives them another option at RW and CM.

Valverde is more suited to CM though and I do see him having a very good future for Real Madrid playing in different positions. Like a better version of Vazquez. However, I'm not confident he's going to be good enough to replace either of those three right now. Camavinga looks extremely inconsistent and raw but does seem to have the potential and I'm intrigued by Tchouameni. He's huge :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Flip said:

At some point they need to phase out one of the three. With Camavinga, Valverde and Tchouameni they have three midfielders that will need playing time to develop into their full potential. Selling Casemiro also gives them money to begin looking long-term at a striker (Mbappé money?) as I don't see Benzema playing at this level for more than 2 years. £50m+ they wouldn't get from neither Modric or Kroos. This really is a deal I feel like they have to take. 

Kroos legs have gone. He should be the first out the door. He's only got 1 year left on his contract and rejected a new contract. He's as likely to re-sign as he is to flat out retire or go to MLS.

Modric is turning 37 next month.

Casemiro is the last one they should be selling.

Real Madrid have to pay for those stadium renovations. But they've sold lots in recent years and haven't spent heavily on transfer fees. They should have a good amount of money to spend already. They should still have most of the Mbappe money.

9 minutes ago, Flip said:

That being said, you look at your club and you look at Arsenal and there's a stark contrast in both clubs dealings. Arsenal seems to have a plan, you lot don't.

I fucking know man. :lol: 

But this signing is a no brainer.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I fucking know man. :lol: 

But this signing is a no brainer.

I  do agree, I just think that's the criticism. If he works out, he could potentially help you lot compete for 4th. However, ideally I'd imagine most would expect Manchester United to compete for the title and by the looks of it, that's not happening anytime soon. You guys should sign Antony btw. :lol: Love him. He probably won't transform your team like Casemiro possibly could, but he's entertaining to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Flip said:

I get your point, but :lol: quite funny to see Nicky Butt and Casemiro in the same sentence.

In 2002 Nicky Butt was considered the best DM in the world. Pele said, so it must be true :-)

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Kroos legs have gone. He should be the first out the door. He's only got 1 year left on his contract and rejected a new contract. He's as likely to re-sign as he is to flat out retire or go to MLS.

Modric is turning 37 next month.

Casemiro is the last one they should be selling.

Real Madrid have to pay for those stadium renovations. But they've sold lots in recent years and haven't spent heavily on transfer fees. They should have a good amount of money to spend already. They should still have most of the Mbappe money.

I agree, but they won't get £50m+ for Kroos nor Modric tbh. 

Just now, gjohnson said:

In 2002 Nicky Butt was considered the best DM in the world. Pele said, so it must be true :-)

Like Romario would say, Pele is a poet when his mouth is shut. ;) 

I'm a big fan of Casemiro. I said earlier in the thread that if Manu Utd are going to play Eriksen and Bruno together they would need peak Makelele behind them. This is as close as they're going to get. The problem is there's no strategy to this. Just reactionary panicking and this amount of money for Casemiro reeks of desperation. Huge question marks on this as he has spent almost all his career in Madrid all the while winning 5 CLs. On the surface it looks like a good strategy to him to wind down an insanely successful career on bonkers wages.

Forest sign Gibbs-White for £42.5m taking their summer spending over £150m, and they still want more in. They obviously had to bring in a lot of bodies in due to losing so many players, but that's a crazy amount for a newly promoted side, especially one who hadn't been in the top flight for over 20 years.

9 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He’ll flop here instantly, he won’t be able to cope with the pace and intensity or the physicality of the PL. 

He will immediately be the most physical midfielder in the PL :lol:

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Wonder how many of these deal are structured around relegation. If not they could be fucked.

Well probably not Eriksen’s contract, although Casemiro’s deal was done late enough for them to see the danger. 

10 minutes ago, KDT said:

I would love to see how planned this Forest signing spree is in terms of how their recruitment works. I can see it being very agent driven and less so scouting.

This seems a decent video on it (especially the opening bit). Would be massively impressive if it pays off like.

EDIT: TLDW; aggressive fullbacks and ball progressing midfielders to catch teams on the break.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Casemiro is a brilliant signing, annoying that Man Utd can still attract people like that despite being a mess. 

The "famous Man United." Isn't that right @Sima

image.png.2aa470be75997a4c2b9b60124481f187.png

image.png

Edited by Froggy