Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Casemiro is not a bad signing, in fact it is a brilliant one in the sense that he can just partner with Fred like what Brazil did.

However, it is not the system that ETH is currently using....

42 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Casemiro is a brilliant signing, annoying that Man Utd can still attract people like that despite being a mess. 

Nice wind down to retirement for him at a mid table club with no pressure of relegation or winning trophy's, a typical nest egg builder club like those in Qatar, Saudi and the US. 

7 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Just to anyone mentioning Casemiro being 30, Thiago was 29 and a half when Liverpool signed him. He's a key player there now.

£20 million fee. And even with that he's had injury issues.

I don't know man. Not the biggest fan of signing players from slower leagues when they're older, especially from teams that are more dominant too.

Casemiro better be in great shape and ready to get around the pitch. He has a hell of a job on covering for who he will be playing alongside in their midfield, not to mention the defence behind them.

Guest HTT II
27 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Just to anyone mentioning Casemiro being 30, Thiago was 29 and a half when Liverpool signed him. He's a key player there now.

Injury prone and hasn’t quite lived up to the expectations of him. Nice in the eye, but goes missing in games.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don't know man. Not the biggest fan of signing players from slower leagues when they're older, especially from teams that are more dominant too.

Casemiro better be in great shape and ready to get around the pitch. He has a hell of a job on covering for who he will be playing alongside in their midfield, not to mention the defence behind them.

I agree it's always a concern. You have your flops but you also have your Zlatan, Cavani, Thiago Silva, Cristiano return even Moutinho.

17 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He coped pretty well with the 2 best PL teams a few months ago

5 minutes ago, triggs said:

He coped pretty well with the 2 best PL teams a few months ago

Yes, but he had a much better team of players around him too.

Him going into the Liverpool or Man City side would be great, but man ... that Man United team looks like it has so many holes in it defensively, it's going to be a heck of a task.

If he comes in and shores things up for them, then we really would have to give him the best DM title.

Guest HTT II
17 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Thiago ? ? he’s world class 

On his day… I’ll go off what my mate thinks, he goes every game home and away and says he goes from the sublime to totally anonymous and it’s a constant worry that he will pull up with some injury or another every game he plays.

Edited by HTT II

56 minutes ago, Ben said:

Nice wind down to retirement for him at a mid table club with no pressure of relegation or winning trophy's, a typical nest egg builder club like those in Qatar, Saudi and the US. 

image.thumb.png.c70090c38831407c6fa0764e333061b7.png

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

On his day… I’ll go off what my mate thinks, he goes every game home and away and says he goes from the sublime to totally anonymous and it’s a constant worry that he will pull up with some injury or another every game he plays.

For better or worse I don't think anonymous is how you would ever describe a Thiago performance

Casemiro is exactly what Man Utd need like, it makes far more sense than De Jong imo. It'll be interesting to see how they're set up though, Casemiro, Fred & Eriksen is a really strong midfield 3 on paper. He'll probably play Casemiro and Eriksen in a double pivot with Bruno F ahead though?

Guest HTT II
Just now, triggs said:

For better or worse I don't think anonymous is how you would ever describe a Thiago performance

My mate tells me he can be dominant for a spell and then you wouldn’t even think he’s on the pitch. I don’t know as I don’t really watch their games or him as a player. From what I have seen though, I’ve never gotten this world-class player hype about him. I think Fabiano is a far better player and Matip seems more involved in play making for them and he’s a defender.