Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Notthingham Forrest plan is the equal to that very special FM friend you used to play online with. This friend picked his mid-table team, and went absolutely frantic with transfers ending up with an oversized squad, totally unbalanced, lasted half a season and his interests in the game dropped quite rapidly as he started to realized what he'd done[emoji38]

29 minutes ago, Disco said:

Southampton continue to harvest the City youth squad 

Solid plan tbf. Worked well for German clubs. Built in buy-back clauses as well I imagine, so they’re guaranteed a profit if they do well.

Edited by McCormick

14 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Solid plan tbf. Worked well for German clubs. Built in buy-back clauses as well I imagine, so they’re guaranteed a profit if they do well.

Was listening to some podcast earlier and they were saying they poached the city academy guy recently so it makes sense and they’re not doing it blind. High risk, high reward I guess. Lavia (sp?) looks a find already. 

Still feel they’ll miss having one or two more older heads in the squad.

Brendon going a bit Scott Parker in his after match quotes:

"I feel for them because they have given absolutely everything. With the greatest respect, we have not had the help in the market this team needed. But it is just a case of pushing on once this window closes.

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

Sixth fullback. They’ve just had zero plan all window.

This

People trying to justify it because they let X number of players go. Signing 6 full backs, 3 each side (assuming Aurier signs) is not normal and doesn't seem like it's part of a plan

I at least admire they are going for it, just not convinced it's well thought out 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

I missed the Gilmour to Brighton transfer but that seems like a fantastic bit of business given Potter’s style of play. 

Yup, he's got a perfect slot for him in the team too.

They've been using that MacAllister to initiate their play from a deeper central midfield role, and he's been doing well to be fair to him.

However, longer term and maybe even sooner that role is perfect for Gilmour to step into.

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I missed the Gilmour to Brighton transfer but that seems like a fantastic bit of business given Potter’s style of play. 

They badly needed a goalscorer, not another technical midfielder! Screams typical Brighton signing, mind!

Edited by HTT II