Other clubs' transfers

Greg

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

They rarely do bad transfers to be fair. Probably only the Ox and Keita in recent years

Paid way too much for Nunez too. That's not to say he hasn't got a lot of potential, but couldn't the final fee be close to €100 million? I think that was their first post-Edwards transfer.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Paid way too much for Nunez too. That's not to say he hasn't got a lot of potential, but couldn't the final fee be close to €100 million? I think that was their first post-Edwards transfer.

Nunez has scored a goal every other game in his first season in the Prem. Think it's far too early to say they've paid far too much

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal bidding big for Murdyk, Liverpool for Gakpo, Chelsea spending big, shows how hard it will be for us to break in and stay there.

It's going to help if we can sign one or two first teamers and manage to hold onto the champions league or at worst Europa league. That will ensure getting the maximum out of sponsorship revenue. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

For €100 million you'd surely want something close to the finished article?

I don't know his goal tally but I bet he's missed 4 or 5 chances for every goal scored. Any half decent central striker with decent pace and movement could fill his boots up top for them

34 minutes ago, joeyt said:

They rarely do bad transfers to be fair. Probably only the Ox and Keita in recent years

Ox was brilliant In his first season until he did his ACL. He’s never Been the same player since. 

That Arsenal generation:
Walcott (ACL), Oxlade(ACL), Ramsey (broken leg), Eduardo (broken leg), Wilshere (dozens of ankle injuries), Cazorla (Achilles tendon)