Other clubs' transfers

Greg

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No one really even knows what's happened with Dele Alli do they? That's why it's a mystery rather than him being a waster etc 

Seems a bit of a prick though- the ‘joke’ at the airport about Chinese people for one example. 

He had shit parents, a difficult upbringing but did really well for himself. For it to go down the pan so drastically suggests there is more than just laziness.

Probably a combination of Pochettino leaving, knifepoint robbery, burnout mentally and physically and maybe just being quite immature. Easy to forget how good he was at just 19 and how much he was playing.

Still only 26 but I imagine he'll pack it in soon. Such a shame though.

59 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

not sure why he’s saying Chelsea going for wingers / attacking midfielders means that Mudryk is out, given that Chelsea’s sole role in football is to collect midfielders till they have every single one 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Surprised we haven't been more linked with Madueke. Expect his price tag to be more than Maddison though.

They will be nearly 750 million spent in a year at this rate.

Doubt the price would be more than Maddison, with coming from the Dutch league and not being a full international? Gakpo was ‘only’ £35m. 

Of all the players being linked so far think Mudryk is the only one who’d I be really envious of going to Arsenal. Clearly Enzo would have been a real coup but looks like that’s dead until the summer.

It used to be said that the well ran clubs stayed well clear of January, so whilst I’d love a splash I can’t say im to concerned as things stand.

Think we’ve got our targets and unless they become available or there’s an injury crisis we could be quiet this month.

Edited by Whitley mag

Boehly has stood down today as their director of football and handed the reigns to Winstanley and Vivell from Red Bull.

Think Winstanley played a big part in Brightons recruitment mind, for all we’re happy to have Ashton this bloke cleared played a big part.

‘Chelsea is pleased to announce that Paul Winstanley has been appointed to the role of Director of Global Talent and Transfers. Winstanley arrives at Stamford Bridge after eight years with Brighton & Hove Albion, initially as talent identification manager and then as head of recruitment’.

Didn't Potter bring all his scouts over with him from Brighton to Chelsea? So he's either more say than people are thinking or they're being ignored.

Don't have alot of sympathy for him as he knew what he was getting involved with at Chelsea anyway. Don't blame him for taking the gig either mind but he can't have a lot of complaints. 

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Boehly has stood down today as their director of football and handed the reigns to Winstanley and Vivell from Red Bull.

Think Winstanley played a big part in Brightons recruitment mind, for all we’re happy to have Ashton this bloke cleared played a big part.

‘Chelsea is pleased to announce that Paul Winstanley has been appointed to the role of Director of Global Talent and Transfers. Winstanley arrives at Stamford Bridge after eight years with Brighton & Hove Albion, initially as talent identification manager and then as head of recruitment’.

Wasn’t all this done in Sept/October? 
https://theathletic.com/3671543/2022/10/11/christopher-vivell-chelsea-sporting-director-search/ from 10th Oct.

44 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Doubt the price would be more than Maddison, with coming from the Dutch league and not being a full international? Gakpo was ‘only’ £35m. 

Yep you're right. Thought he was in Germany for some reason. Spuds were told 40m in the summer.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Aye but loads of articles that’s he’s stood down as sporting director today. Might just be window dressing no idea, but their pursuit of Fernandez hasn’t been a good look.

I get that competition for places is a good thing but if you’re a midfielder at Chelsea you must be thinking, ‘I’m not trusted as they’re looking at bringing in multiple players that can play my position’. Pretty destabilising to be interested in multiple players across the midfield when they already have loads. Hope they spend a fortune and still finish 8th