Other clubs' transfers

Greg

34 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Arsenal fans definitely think he was shit for them 

Guendouzi is absolutely class. From his first game for Arsenal I rated him.

No idea why Arsenal fans never took to him, think it was just down to the period of time he was in the team, as they were just not very good in general, and were struggling to get back to their best years under Wenger.

Would be a heck of a signing for Villa. He completely dictates matches and progresses the ball from the back to the top end of the pitch incredibly well. Wonderful midfielder.

Edited by KaKa

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Guendouzi is absolutely class. From his first game for Arsenal I rated him.

No idea why Arsenal fans never took to him, think it was just down to the period of time he was in the team, as they were just not very good in general, and were struggling to get back to their best years under Wenger.

Would be a heck of a signing for Villa. He completely dictates matches and progresses the ball from the back to the top end of the pitch incredibly well. Wonderful midfielder.

He’s had a bad attitude at every single club he’s been to- the managers of Lorient, Arsenal and Marseille have all spoken badly in public about him, and yet he still doesn’t change. 

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

He’s had a bad attitude at every single club he’s been to- the managers of Lorient, Arsenal and Marseille have all spoken badly in public about him, and yet he still doesn’t change. 

I’m confused. 

the manager of Arsenal can’t have spoken that badly of him as he’s the one trying to buy him currently.  

Or am I missing something?

i don’t really know much about him. Looks like Emery wants to reunite the partnership with Boubacar Kamara. 

1 minute ago, brummie said:

I’m confused. 

the manager of Arsenal can’t have spoken that badly of him as he’s the one trying to buy him currently.  

Or am I missing something?

i don’t really know much about him. Looks like Emery wants to reunite the partnership with Boubacar Kamara. 

Fell out with Arteta who got rid of him. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think all four are good TBH, just haven't performed and/or been massively injured at the same time.

Bailey has been awful. Ings has been more decent than most give him credit for. Buendia is supremely talented but easily knocked off the ball so jury out. Digne has been ok at best. 

Carlos snapped his Achilles in his second game for us so jury out. 

Boubacar Kamara - out of contract free - has also had a bad injury but looks absolute quality. 

Coutinho, well, I just don’t know. An enigma, the only player I remember being so enigmatic was the great Diego Swarfega. 

RIP. 

villa fan here, evening all.

when I saw guendouzi I thort he played well - seemed a good energetic player willing to fight and scrap when required and technically good.  just like torreira at the gooners, then kinda disappeared....

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Bailey has been awful. Ings has been more decent than most give him credit for. Buendia is supremely talented but easily knocked off the ball so jury out. Digne has been ok at best. 

Boubacar Kamara - out of contract free - has also had a bad injury but looks absolute quality. 

Coutinho, well, I just don’t know. An enigma, the only player I remember being so enigmatic was the great Diego Swarfega. 

RIP. 

Feel for him, especially that miss against Wolves. He was in tears on and coming off the pitch. Confidence is obviously shot, he's your version of Chris Wood. 

1 hour ago, brummie said:

RIP. 

When you think about money spent it’s clearly a very poor return. I think you’ve got a bright future now that Emery’s there though 

38 minutes ago, gbandit said:

When you think about money spent it’s clearly a very poor return. I think you’ve got a bright future now that Emery’s there though 

agree with what brummie has said.  and on the whole, the grealish money spent has not worked out.  

bailey had a injury hit 1st season so this season im keeping patient with him.

with emery, he is the first manager I feel we have had in years who can react and make tactical changes when needed.  he is working with a squad that isn't his so I hold hope he can move us in the right direction.

howe has managed this admirably - getting a song out of players who looked shorn of confidence under Bruce and got them performing.  then added non-marquee style signings who have been superb.  shows how crucial managers are.

7 minutes ago, Paz said:

agree with what brummie has said.  and on the whole, the grealish money spent has not worked out.  

bailey had a injury hit 1st season so this season im keeping patient with him.

with emery, he is the first manager I feel we have had in years who can react and make tactical changes when needed.  he is working with a squad that isn't his so I hold hope he can move us in the right direction.

howe has managed this admirably - getting a song out of players who looked shorn of confidence under Bruce and got them performing.  then added non-marquee style signings who have been superb.  shows how crucial managers are.

It wasn't just confidence they were short of under Bruce but direction, tactics, fitness, belief and a plan.

13 minutes ago, madras said:

It wasn't just confidence they were short of under Bruce but direction, tactics, fitness, belief and a plan.

yea I was using confidence more as an umbrella - the lack of all you mentioned just sapped the players, but now shelvey (pre injury), almiron, schar etc are reborn and sometimes it's not always players are shit, but the manager is a twat.

Weghorst didn't have a good season last year (apart from destroying us), but he's been prolific everywhere else. I didn't even realise just how many goals he's scored. 

Trusting the manager. Adds another dimension to the team.

Don’t necessarily think it’s dumb, just would be surprised if he ends up making a significant impact there. Will be interesting to watch how they change their style of play to get more crosses in. Does Antony have a history of firing in crosses? Their wide players like to cut in a lot. I guess Shaw will be called upon heavily to cross the ball in