Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Mudryk to Trossard seems a hell of a difference for Arsenal. 

I struggled to see how he’d fit in our system and I can’t see him replacing anyone in the Arsenal first 11.

Arsenal have arguably got the more productive player to advance their title push.

Could see him looking even more dangerous in that Arsenal team. Already managed 7 goals and 3 assists for Brighton in the league this season.

Just now, KaKa said:

Arsenal have arguably got the more productive player to advance their title push.

Could see him looking even more dangerous in that Arsenal team. Already managed 7 goals and 3 assists for Brighton in the league this season.

I guess their style of play isn’t entirely different so it might be an ideal switch for him 

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I guess their style of play isn’t entirely different so it might be an ideal switch for him 

Yeah, exactly. It's the same style of football, just a better version of it with better players around him.

He even has a former team mate in Ben White over there too. 

Think it's an incredibly smart transfer for them at a fraction of the cost and with no adjustment period needed for the player.

Edited by KaKa

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He’s going there to sit on the bench though. Good signing for next season I guess.

Who Trossard?

They still have cup games and European games to play along with the league. He'll play a fair amount starting and coming off the bench as another option to rest players or to try and change games where they need a push.

Just now, KaKa said:

Who Trossard?

They still have cup games and European games to play along with the league. He'll play a fair amount starting and coming off the bench as another option to rest players or to try and change games where they need a push.

yep, that’s what I mean. Coming off the bench. Not a chance he replaces any of their midfielders as first choice 

Just now, Shearergol said:

yep, that’s what I mean. Coming off the bench. Not a chance he replaces any of their midfielders as first choice 

Yeah, I mean I doubt he'd expect to. He'll be a valuable player for them though.

Martinelli has probably played a lot more than he should have really, especially considering his injury history. Now they can give him more of a rest with a quality player stepping in for him when needed.

Trossad can also play on the left, right, as a false 9 and even as one of the more attacking central midfielders and so there'll be lots of opportunities for him to contribute.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Who Trossard?

He's played up top a fair bit for Brighton this season too. He gives them an alternative to Nketiah. 

9 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I mean I doubt he'd expect to. He'll be a valuable player for them though.

Martinelli has probably played a lot more than he should have really, especially considering his injury history. Now they can give him more of a rest with a quality player stepping in for him when needed.

Trossad can also play on the left, right, as a false 9 and even as one of the more attacking central midfielders and so there'll be lots of opportunities for him to contribute.

Mudryk would be first choice though, that’s all I’m saying. I think Trossard is a good signing too but he’s not a better signing than Mudryk.

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Mudryk would be first choice though, that’s all I’m saying. I think Trossard is a good signing too but he’s not a better signing than Mudryk.

Ah, I hear you. Yeah, Mudryk is the more exciting long term prospect for sure.

However, I think for where Arsenal are in trying to bring the league title home the rest of the way now, Trossard probably makes more of an immediate impact for them, even as a squad player. Their first 11 is doing the business already, and so they didn't really need an upgrade there necessarily. And we're not sure how quickly Mudryk settles in or adjusts.

21 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Trossard is a decent signing at that price. 

They arent going to win the league with Nketiah up top though.

Based on what? They're so much more than individual names. The team produces goals and assists from several areas. Besides he's started 4 league games and scored a couple of goals already.

One thing I give Arteta credit for is the continued improvement of the young players at the club. I don't see why we couldn't potentially see Nketiah do a good job of stepping in for Jesus and continuing to produce. Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard ... these guys have all taken even more of a leap this season, hence the title challenge.

Trossard is a great signing for Arsenal. Always felt their downfall would be their depth. He won't start initially but if Martinelli or Saka got injured did they even have a natural replacement for them? Smart business. 

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Based on what? They're so much more than individual names. The team produces goals and assists from several areas. Besides he's started 4 league games and scored a couple of goals already.

One thing I give Arteta credit for is the continued improvement of the young players at the club. I don't see why we couldn't potentially see Nketiah do a good job of stepping in for Jesus and continuing to produce. Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard ... these guys have all taken even more of a leap this season, hence the title challenge.

Based on that I don't think he's good enough to be leading the line for a title winning side.

Martinelli, Saka and Odegaard are miles ahead of him and really a different calibre. 

Two goals in his two starts in all fairness but from what I've seen, I don't think he's ready to be starting for long periods of time. Seems to miss too many chances when I've seen him. Depends how long Jesus is out for I guess.