Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Man Utd buying Antony for stupid money has screwed up this transfer window.  It's now being used as a yardstick by all selling teams, 'we feel our player is better than Antony, pay equal or more'.

7 hours ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

I hope this doesn't inflate the wider market, rather just a temporary 'Chelsea are mental' effect, but I'm fairly sure it will.

At this point I’m honestly wondering whether Boehly is actively trying to fuck the Premier League so that the ESL can happen. 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

At this point I’m honestly wondering whether Boehly is actively trying to fuck the Premier League so that the ESL can happen. 

The PL now basically just funds European football to a large extent. The fees getting paid are insane, and it's clueless fucking idiots like Boehly just driving it to mental levels.

1 minute ago, brummie said:

The PL now basically just funds European football to a large extent. The fees getting paid are insane, and it's clueless fucking idiots like Boehly just driving it to mental levels.

I’m sure the Owners and Directors test or whatever the hell they call it would have stopped him if he was really bad. Oh wait..

15 hours ago, dcmk said:

Man Utd buying Antony for stupid money has screwed up this transfer window.  It's now being used as a yardstick by all selling teams, 'we feel our player is better than Antony, pay equal or more'.

You literally bought a 1 in 3 striker for £60m in the summer. :lol: Settle down. The market was banjaxed long before we bought Antony.

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

You literally bought a 1 in 3 striker for £60m in the summer. :lol: Settle down. The market was banjaxed long before we bought Antony.

First of all it's a striker, secondly it's from La Liga. For about 40% less.

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Yes, when you morons went full tilt at Harry Maguire. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Yes, when you morons went full tilt at Harry Maguire. [emoji38]

Van DIjk went for £75m a year before that. :lol: Obviously turned out a lot better for them than Maguire did for us but it was seen as a ludicrous fee at the time. As I said, market is banjaxed and has been for a long time.

Not sure on Ikons point like. I assume it's because Isak is a striker and came from a stronger league that the fee is justified, but we were seeing transfers like Pepe for £70m+ years ago. Football is just nuts. 

Though unlike Van Dijk, Maguire isn’t one of the best CBs of the past decade. Considering the silverware return on that investment, Liverpool must consider that 75m money well spent.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

1 minute ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Though unlike Van Dijk, Maguire isn’t one of the best CBs of the past decade. Considering the silverware return on that investment, Liverpool must consider  that 75m money well spent.

Van Dijk wasnt one of the best CB’s of the last decade when he signed for Liverpool though. 

34 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Though unlike Van Dijk, Maguire isn’t one of the best CBs of the past decade. Considering the silverware return on that investment, Liverpool must consider that 75m money well spent.

Hindsight though isn't it? The fees paid for Alisson and Van Dijk were huge but justified in the end. Just saying these huges fees have been flying about for a long time.

Pepe is arguably the worst one. :lol: