Other clubs' transfers

Greg

16 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

£200m on Antony, Casemiro and Martinez.

? No-one’s allowed to talk about the amount they spend. It’s only ever “big-spending Chelsea”, “big-spending Man City”, “big-spending Newcastle”.

Ten Hag is worried about getting a pasting from Man City tomorrow and getting the excuses in early 

He knows Man Utd’s fan base lap up anything critical of the Glazers so he’s sticking any defeat at their door.

He’s also trying to set expectations with any new owners that he wants another £200m+ to spend 

On 30/05/2023 at 21:19, brummie said:

Yeah but even if that is true, Maguire at his best isn't something we've seen for about 7 years now. He might get himself back there with a new start, and I hope he does, but I'd bet everything I own he doesn't come to us.

I'd also quibble the idea he's twice as good as Mings in any circumstances. Since Emery arrived, Mings has been absolutely imperious.

I don't know why so many away fans (not having pop at you here, just mean in general) don't seem to get that.

He's been absolutely superb in a period where he's had to absolutely change his style of play.

Maguire will go somewhere like Everton.

Yes Mings has been transformed under Emery. Some managers have that ability. Howe also has that ability, Joelinton, Almiron, Murphy, Longstaff.

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Young Lingaaard has been binned by Notts Forest. It'll be interesting to see if he gets another premier league gig.

He has Fenerbahce written all over him imo.

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Scamacca been used wrongly by all accounts but that'd be a cracking deal for all parties that. 

Absolutely agree.

Think Abraham would thrive at a side like West Ham. He's not top level, but wouldn't look out of place at a team pushing for top 6-8th.

Coming to think of it, he'd be great for a side like Brighton.

Edited by toon25

20 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Your pro-Pardew phase was a lot more subtle. Credit where it's due. 

I wasn't on the wind-up though, I was just spectacularly wrong in a way that blights my life a decade later. 

Very different :lol:

7 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Where are you seeing that?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12150539/Karim-Benzema-staying-Real-Madrid-one-season-plot-Kylian-Mbappe.html did a video that was all over Twitter,donno what he was saying but seems he is staying for a year at least

plus it was widely reported he was holding a press conference that never happened

Edited by astraguy

The only actual quote from Benzema in that article is: 'Am I going to stay? Well for now I'm here. It's the internet that is talking and the internet is not reality.'

Hardly committal, but there's also some vague reference to Marca saying he told Madrid he's staying. I think it's going to be unclear until after they finish their season.

(The only reason I care is I think him leaving / Madrid buying Kane is the only hope for Shearer's record to stand)