Other clubs' transfers

Greg

22 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Havertz to Real would be an odd transfer given they need a top quality proven striker as Benzema is in his final year or so 

Joselu :pow:

11 hours ago, gbandit said:

Apart from Mount, who else is certain to be sold by Chelsea this summer? Gallagher? Colwill? Pulisic? Colwill? Anyone else?

I'm sure I heard someone say the want a keeper so you'd think Kepa or Mendy if that's the case.

They'll probably lose Mount, Kante, Kovacic, Gallagher and RLC. They need new midfielders like.

It will all be for nothing if they don't get a striker or two mind.

Edited by The Butcher

If they’re going for wholesale changes then you can be sure they’ll take a while to settle as a team. They’ve been a mess all season with their starting 11 so I don’t expect them to challenge for the title next season even though they should with the money they’ve spent but I think they’ll start slowly but be in the running for champions league come the end of the season. Fucking hate them

Where’s the leadership in this Chelsea side? Previous managerial chaos was fine as you had a constant unit of Lampard, Terry, Cech and others there providing continuity and a winning culture. 

They seem set on selling longer serving or local players that could provide this (Kovacic and Mount). 

I still see a very expensive collection of players who have little hold to any more in terms of a club identity. Poch is a talented coach but it’s an absolute mess there.

There seems to be an assumption that it will be a return to business as usual for Chelsea this season but it feels there is still the conditions there for more chaos.  

If you look at the other top sides (ourselves included, Spurs excluded) they all seem to have an actual identity and units of players who provide the link to the leadership and just as importantly the fan base. 

Maybe I’m wrong and this is always wishful thinking but I hope they continue to crash and burn.

That bit at the bottom [emoji38] He's really going to turn down Madrid to beat Shearers record and miss out on possible Champions league medal?!

The bloke is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. 

Screenshot_20230604_111647_Twitter.jpg

Kane has just turned 30 and is only 47 goals behind. He could go to Madrid for two years and still have plenty of time to break the record.

Shearer was still scoring at 35 despite all the injuries. Kane could go on longer.