Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I believed the hype about Sancho based mostly on clips I'd seen of him, rather than that many games. What's the craic with him, is it the Bundesliga illusion at play again? He was the most universally tipped prospect in Europe.

39 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Bit of Bundesliga tax and bit of mental health issues from what I recall. Still has bags of talent but -as harsh as this sounds- he’s not got that “bite” that truly elite players have.

Sancho’s career seems to have gone backwards since arriving in England. l’d still have playing out wide for us in an instant mind 

53 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

I believed the hype about Sancho based mostly on clips I'd seen of him, rather than that many games. What's the craic with him, is it the Bundesliga illusion at play again? He was the most universally tipped prospect in Europe.

Using FM stats his issue is:

Aggression 4

Bravery 2

team work and work rate 10

acceleration and pace 14 & 15

Dribbling, creativity, passing etc. 16

He’s got no bite/tenacity to this game defensive or offensively. With the slightest adversity he folds. Technically he might be better than Saka or Martinelli. But mentally and physically he’s levels behind. He strikes me as one of those people who has always been by far the best at every level of his development. On ability alone. He hasn’t had to fight to succeed it’s always come to him or when it didn’t at City he just left for somewhere he excelled straight away. 

Germany seems a more open and less physical game in a club with less pressure. Which in turn would help his confidence and mentality. 

For him Dortmund was a mistake. He would’ve been better off having 2 seasons in the Championship. Getting lumps kicked out of him and still coming out on top. Wilfred Zaha might be a whinger but he’ll pat himself down and demand the ball again and again. Nearly All the lads that come up with through the Championship have that bit about them where they can mix it with the rough.  That’s would’ve been way better for him than playing through balls to Haaland on carpet pitches in Germany. 

4 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Sancho’s career seems to have gone backwards since arriving in England. l’d still have playing out wide for us in an instant mind 

He has less ‘get up and go’ than ASM. It wouldn’t work. ASM actually attacks with a level of aggression and explosion that Sancho doesn’t have physically or mentally. And defensively he’s probably worse. 

There’s this one clip of him bottling a tackle that’s 60/40 in his favour. That’s how he plays all the time. Timid. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

He has less ‘get up and go’ than ASM. It wouldn’t work. ASM actually attacks with a level of aggression and explosion that Sancho doesn’t have physically or mentally. And defensively he’s probably worse. 

There’s this one clip of him bottling a tackle that’s 60/40 in his favour. That’s how he plays all the time. Timid. 

Agreed, he seems to have lost something over the last year which I think is a lot to do with his mental health.

We wouldn’t go for him anyway and I’m happy with ASM on the left. I’m always going to be a supporter of ASM and want him in our starting 11. He brings something exciting that we can’t just replace without spending a huge sum 

59 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Using FM stats his issue is:

Aggression 4

Bravery 2

team work and work rate 10

acceleration and pace 14 & 15

Dribbling, creativity, passing etc. 16

He’s got no bite/tenacity to this game defensive or offensively. With the slightest adversity he folds. Technically he might be better than Saka or Martinelli. But mentally and physically he’s levels behind. He strikes me as one of those people who has always been by far the best at every level of his development. On ability alone. He hasn’t had to fight to succeed it’s always come to him or when it didn’t at City he just left for somewhere he excelled straight away. 

Germany seems a more open and less physical game in a club with less pressure. Which in turn would help his confidence and mentality. 

For him Dortmund was a mistake. He would’ve been better off having 2 seasons in the Championship. Getting lumps kicked out of him and still coming out on top. Wilfred Zaha might be a whinger but he’ll pat himself down and demand the ball again and again. Nearly All the lads that come up with through the Championship have that bit about them where they can mix it with the rough.  That’s would’ve been way better for him than playing through balls to Haaland on carpet pitches in Germany. 

Dortmund wasn’t a mistake ffs :lol:

Man United was the mistake for him.

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Dortmund wasn’t a mistake ffs :lol:

Man United was the mistake for him.

He needed toughening up at that age. He’s overly suited to German football and particularly not suited to English football.  

That dog needed developing. I like Tifo but not enough emphasis is made on mentality on that channel. 

If he’s going to be an elite PL player he’s going to have to change his mentality.  

He’s not a Howe player at all. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1669005053246537729

Brentford make record £30m offer for #nffc forward Brennan Johnson. Forest do not want to sell and bid nowhere near anything that would even be considered. Significant interest in the Wales international this summer, however

Aye that seems DERISORY in the current market. Looks like he has 3 more years on his contract. I'd be expecting a minimum of 60 beans.

4 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Aye that seems DERISORY in the current market. Looks like he has 3 more years on his contract. I'd be expecting a minimum of 60 beans.

Gordon has driven up the market price for British talent. Johnson has far more potential.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Gordon has driven up the market price for British talent. Johnson has far more potential.

It was already pretty insane. Wolves paid £45 million for Gibbs-White the transfer window before for example. 

Edited by The Prophet

12 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

The fascination with Gordon never ends. He did absolutely nothing to change the market - a big part of our interest stemmed from his situation and us feeling like we were getting a discount based on his age/potential.

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It was already pretty insane. Wolves paid £45 million for Gibbs-White the transfer window before for example. 

Gibbs-White scored 11 goals from midfield in the Champ aged 21-22.  And was considered a major wonder kid at Wolves, big part of that U17 World Cup winning team. 

45 was a lot but he was more deserving of his reputation and fee than Gordon imo. 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The fascination with Gordon never ends. He did absolutely nothing to change the market - a big part of our interest stemmed from his situation and us feeling like we were getting a discount based on his age/potential.

In the context of a £30m bid for Brennan Johnson a £45m fee for Gordon seems relevant.

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Gibbs-White scored 11 goals from midfield in the Champ aged 21-22.  And was considered a major wonder kid at Wolves, big part of that U17 World Cup winning team. 

45 was a lot but he was more deserving of his reputation and fee than Gordon imo. 

MGW is definitely worth that as well, very good player 

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That'll be a good one to watch.

Also joins the elite group of players to play in/score in the big 5 leagues. 

Roma, RB Leipzig, Valencia & Nice. 

Excellent move for both.

If he makes it here, he’ll no doubt be able to make a move on up, and he’ll probably have a relegation clause if Bournemouth go down.

Bournemouth get someone with talent and promise, but who needs a fresh start and to be settled.