Other clubs' transfers

Greg

So that's about £170 million on Rice and Havertz. Which is the last player Arsenal got serious, above 30 million, money for? Surely they'll be at their FFP limits now. 

Rice seems like a good move, but someone needs to explain Havertz to me. He's not a bad player but I just don't seem what he adds to an already very good team, especially as I feel they have a few alternatives who all are good and similar.

8 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

So that's about £170 million on Rice and Havertz. Which is the last player Arsenal got serious, above 30 million, money for? Surely they'll be at their FFP limits now. 

https://theathletic.com/4631250/2023/06/27/arsenal-rice-transfers-ffp/?access_token=8349337&redirected=1

Arsenal are more than fine re: FFP- they’ll have zero worries.

15 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Rice seems like a good move, but someone needs to explain Havertz to me. He's not a bad player but I just don't seem what he adds to an already very good team, especially as I feel they have a few alternatives who all are good and similar.

Selling academy players like Willock and Iwobi for ~£30m is a massive help to FFP

Can’t get over that Havertz transfer, they reckon it’s 70m with the add ons included too. He has looked awful for ages now and it’s not even a position they really needed.

Put 10-15m on top of that and instead for 80/85m they could have had their pick of elite midfielders round Europe 

Edited by Viewfromtheafternoon

Just now, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

Can’t get over that Havertz transfer, they reckon it’s 70m with the add ons included too. He has looked awful for ages now and it’s not even a position they really needed.

Put 10-15m on top of that and instead for 80/85m they could have had their pick of elite midfielders round Europe 

He was one of the upcoming elite midfielders though. The lad has bags of talent.

1 minute ago, Viewfromtheafternoon said:

Looked awful and disinterested for the best part of a year now though if not more, I know Chelsea has been a mess but still. Can only see him flopping massively. 

Played as a striker. Isn’t a striker. Easy as that.

2 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Rice is a brilliant player and justifies the acclaim.

It’s a lot of money but he will likely be a key player for the next 5 years.

Xhaka out the door for around £15m and will probably sell Partey for about £30m. 

What is he brilliant at? 

3 hours ago, Mountain said:

Kane is brilliant but Lewandowski wasn't too shabby either. It is a much easier league and Lewa had better players around him so if he stays injury free 41 goals wouldn't be impossible but that's an insane number.

image.thumb.png.465f9b6ad13a0f52257b8d72fa200f1b.png

image.thumb.png.d16f0bcbce3bfdacffcad55fc5599e3e.png

Bayern scored 92 goals in 34 games this season, and I think that is the lowest in the last few years. They normally score nearly 100 goals. The Spurs scored 70 goals in 38 games. I am not trying to downplay Lewa who is a great player. But I think Kane is not that far behind. Sometimes we are guilty of underrating EPL players. Kane's record in the premier league is insane. I think he is as good and there is a slight chance that he could be better than Lewa. I would be sad to see him leave Spurs as he is a genuinely great striker and I love watching such players. However, if he moves to Bayern, I wouldn't bet against him scoring late 30s number of goals per season, atleast. 

Wish everyone else would stop doing class deals (not including Rice to Arsenal, obviously) - I really think the Havertz, Mac Allister and Maddison transfers will be a success, with Chelsea set to fluke someone class like Caicedo and Liverpool going for the same midfielders we want.

Throw in West Ham being super rich and Aston Villa's impressive ambition, it's going to such a competitive top-eight next season. 

45 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

What is he brilliant at? 

Pretty sure he's top in the league for interceptions and interceptions and ball carries combined. 

Think he's known as a DM but he's a lot more than that really. He's one of the few midfielders that have bossed a  game against us when they came up here last season. 

It's an expensive fee but with his age and he's pretty much a guaranteed success I think it's a great signing for them. Much better than Caecido would be at £70m.

If you need explaining why rice is class :lol: Jesus Christ. He’s not overated at all. He’s a world class center mid, incredibly durable, one of the best ball winners, readers of the game, great passer and dribbler and who will probably transform that arsenal midfield this season. 

8 hours ago, Manxst said:

Goals scored in a season? (Lewandowski got 41). It’s not a particularly challenging league imo, so he should have a decent chance if he goes. 

It's 41 in 34 games if he plays every game. Strongly doubt he'll break that