Other clubs' transfers

Greg

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not sure I fully understand why the decision took balls, most footballers across the world have to move to a different country and learn a different language. Yes, the precedent is not the same for British players but that’s just because we’re an island full of weirdos. He’s made a decision based on dollar in the bank, the almost certainty on winning major honours and the fact that Spurs have been a total shitshow 

In fairness there is more to it than that - Spanish, German and Italian players aren’t exactly dotted around Europe.  The strength of the domestic league - especially how much you’ll earn - has a massive impact.

Almiron still can’t speak fluent English, despite most of career being spent in two different English-speaking countries.

I do think it would be good for more British players to play overseas - as many did in the ‘80s and early ‘90s - but I do understand why it is rare these days. 

Wow. Not sure I fully expected to see Kane leave, but there you go. Shearer's record stay in tact for another decade.

I wonder who they'd go for? Personally, think they'd do a canny job buying Watkins & Toney for the Kane money, having Son & Richarlison for the support options in either 3, 2 or 1 upfront. Obviously Toney is out till 24, but would mean his price would be lower now than in the next window.

Think a lot of the slack he's getting is over moving to a nation of born losers.

Yes on a football level the international team has won 4 World Cups & 3 Euros. Yes on a team level the Champions League has been won 8 times and the Uefa Whatever It's Called These Days 7 times, respectively by German sides.

But never forget on a human level those two wars. Never forget.

11 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Will be a laugh hearing Kane try to get that slackjaw around a bit of Jorman lingo

I recall before the last World Cup Frankie Boyle made a joke along the lines of "Harry Kane will be doing his best to promote gay rights during the tournament, by speaking like he's got three cocks in his mouth"

I probably would’ve waited for the free transfer, but I think him leaving now shows how poorly he thinks this season will go for Spurs, he must see it as a waste of time. I bet he was quite unimpressed when they hired an SPL manager.

1 hour ago, Beren said:

Low key bonus of the transfer is WWII-glorifying "Proud Brits" will be steaming that England's top goalscorer will be learning German.

The other day on Twitter I saw question marks over whether he should keep the England captaincy as a result. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, M4 said:

The more annoying side effect of the Kane transfer is that we'll probably see a lot more of that horrific prat Richarlison this season :(

I softened to Richarlison when it came out he was basically the only prominent Brazilian player who wasn’t ride or die for Bolsanaro.

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Fair play to him. Takes some balls moving to another country.

Levy wanted him gone so bad, wouldn't surprise me if he gave him a nice fat envelope under the table to sweeten the move.

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Maybe we should have bid for him after all eh

I wanted him before he went to West Ham, and would obviously still take him now, but there was no way we would have (or could have?) paid the money that West Ham did at the time.

I think if Bruno has a great season and a big, big offer comes in, we may be tempted to sell for FFP reasons. I think there's an acceptance were going to have to sell someone for good money at some point. 

It'll be awful and very hard to accept like.

12 minutes ago, Menace said:

Maybe we should have bid for him after all eh

We obviously only had so much money we could spend in that window, I'm sure Howe would have loved him here at £45m. But thanks to FFP, a club which became rich through thumbing their nose at financial restrictions are now able to buy him for twice that amount. Isn't that grand?